Delta Wants Seattleites to Visit Home With New Ad Campaign
Let’s be honest, in the midst of our busy work and social lives, we forget to call home and visit our moms and dads a little too often. Delta wants to make that easier by providing long-distance moms with an advertising campaign to help remind and persuade their children living in Seattle to visit more often.
More than 60% of Seattle residents are transplants, and Delta is the city’s fastest-growing carrier. The airline’s campaign to visit home launched on August 15 and features real messages from moms of Seattle urbanites that remind their sons and daughters to visit home.
These handwritten messages, like “Stu, I’ll always be here for you. Waiting. In Denver. For you to visit. Love, Mom,” are paired with a home photo of a mom and their child. The ads will be posted around the city on billboards, storefront posters, local bars and city hotspots, Delta wrote in a blog post. Delta will send a handful of look-alike moms to greet a son or daughter when they least expect it and deliver a message from their actual mom.
The carrier partners with the Seattle Sounders and surprised brothers Cristian and Alex Roldan during a media event.
“Given its status as a hub for technology, innovation and culture, Seattle draws people from across the globe – and often that means moving quite far from home,” Tony Gonchar, Delta’s VP in Seattle said in a statement. “Our campaign reminds Seattleites to stay connected to the people and places that matter most to them. And with more than 50 destinations from Seattle, Delta can connect Seattle residents to their moms, dads and other family members and friends who may live far away.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees