This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s be honest, in the midst of our busy work and social lives, we forget to call home and visit our moms and dads a little too often. Delta wants to make that easier by providing long-distance moms with an advertising campaign to help remind and persuade their children living in Seattle to visit more often.
More than 60% of Seattle residents are transplants, and Delta is the city’s fastest-growing carrier. The airline’s campaign to visit home launched on August 15 and features real messages from moms of Seattle urbanites that remind their sons and daughters to visit home.
These handwritten messages, like “Stu, I’ll always be here for you. Waiting. In Denver. For you to visit. Love, Mom,” are paired with a home photo of a mom and their child. The ads will be posted around the city on billboards, storefront posters, local bars and city hotspots, Delta wrote in a blog post. Delta will send a handful of look-alike moms to greet a son or daughter when they least expect it and deliver a message from their actual mom.
The carrier partners with the Seattle Sounders and surprised brothers Cristian and Alex Roldan during a media event.
“Given its status as a hub for technology, innovation and culture, Seattle draws people from across the globe – and often that means moving quite far from home,” Tony Gonchar, Delta’s VP in Seattle said in a statement. “Our campaign reminds Seattleites to stay connected to the people and places that matter most to them. And with more than 50 destinations from Seattle, Delta can connect Seattle residents to their moms, dads and other family members and friends who may live far away.”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards