This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s be honest, in the midst of our busy work and social lives, we forget to call home and visit our moms and dads a little too often. Delta wants to make that easier by providing long-distance moms with an advertising campaign to help remind and persuade their children living in Seattle to visit more often.
More than 60% of Seattle residents are transplants, and Delta is the city’s fastest-growing carrier. The airline’s campaign to visit home launched on August 15 and features real messages from moms of Seattle urbanites that remind their sons and daughters to visit home.
These handwritten messages, like “Stu, I’ll always be here for you. Waiting. In Denver. For you to visit. Love, Mom,” are paired with a home photo of a mom and their child. The ads will be posted around the city on billboards, storefront posters, local bars and city hotspots, Delta wrote in a blog post. Delta will send a handful of look-alike moms to greet a son or daughter when they least expect it and deliver a message from their actual mom.
The carrier partners with the Seattle Sounders and surprised brothers Cristian and Alex Roldan during a media event.
“Given its status as a hub for technology, innovation and culture, Seattle draws people from across the globe – and often that means moving quite far from home,” Tony Gonchar, Delta’s VP in Seattle said in a statement. “Our campaign reminds Seattleites to stay connected to the people and places that matter most to them. And with more than 50 destinations from Seattle, Delta can connect Seattle residents to their moms, dads and other family members and friends who may live far away.”
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees