Delta Wants Seattleites to Visit Home With New Ad Campaign
Let’s be honest, in the midst of our busy work and social lives, we forget to call home and visit our moms and dads a little too often. Delta wants to make that easier by providing long-distance moms with an advertising campaign to help remind and persuade their children living in Seattle to visit more often.
More than 60% of Seattle residents are transplants, and Delta is the city’s fastest-growing carrier. The airline’s campaign to visit home launched on August 15 and features real messages from moms of Seattle urbanites that remind their sons and daughters to visit home.
These handwritten messages, like “Stu, I’ll always be here for you. Waiting. In Denver. For you to visit. Love, Mom,” are paired with a home photo of a mom and their child. The ads will be posted around the city on billboards, storefront posters, local bars and city hotspots, Delta wrote in a blog post. Delta will send a handful of look-alike moms to greet a son or daughter when they least expect it and deliver a message from their actual mom.
The carrier partners with the Seattle Sounders and surprised brothers Cristian and Alex Roldan during a media event.
“Given its status as a hub for technology, innovation and culture, Seattle draws people from across the globe – and often that means moving quite far from home,” Tony Gonchar, Delta’s VP in Seattle said in a statement. “Our campaign reminds Seattleites to stay connected to the people and places that matter most to them. And with more than 50 destinations from Seattle, Delta can connect Seattle residents to their moms, dads and other family members and friends who may live far away.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.