Delta to deliver keynote speech at CES 2020 tech show in Las Vegas
The airline industry is getting a prime spot at one of the world’s top technology shows.
Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian will deliver the keynote speech at CES 2020 in Las Vegas in January.
The annual event is one of the top consumer electronics trade shows in the world. Delta says Bastian’s appearance will mark the first time that an airline representative will deliver the event’s main-stage keynote speech.
“Travel has become an essential part of our lives, and CES is the perfect stage to show the world how technology and innovation — coupled with the best employees on the planet — will transform the future travel experience for customers across all points of the journey,” Bastian said in a statement.
It won’t be Bastian’s first time on the CES main stage, however. In 2019, he appeared as a guest of IBM CEO Ginni Rometty for a discussion about new technology.
For 2020, Bastian’s keynote address will be delivered from the Venetian Palazzo Ballroom at 2 p.m. local time on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Beyond Bastian’s keynote appearance, Delta has pledged a “major presence in the exhibitor showroom.”
Delta did not offer specifics about its planned CES exhibit, saying it would reveal details about its “experiential showroom exhibit later this year.”
Delta promised to show off “trail-blazing consumer innovations impacting the future of air travel, now and for years to come,” according to its statement.
CES, which originally stood for “Consumer Electronics Show,” has grown to become one of the top events of its kind since it was first held in 1967. Held annually, it currently calls Las Vegas home.
For the 2020 show, CES organizers say they expect more than 175,000 visitors — including 61,000 international guests.
The event has become so large that airlines add special one-off flights from around the Asia and Europe. Stay tuned in the coming works for a round-up of special CES flights.
Photo by Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images,
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.