This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
TPG is seeing cheap flights from several US cities into Cartagena, Colombia (CTG). The deals land around August 2018 through January 2019, excluding the holidays, but the dates vary depending on where you depart from. You can fly from Atlanta (ATL), Baltimore (BWI), Denver (DEN), Hartford (BDL), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), Pittsburgh (PIT) and Raleigh (RDU) to Cartagena starting at just $275 round-trip.
We recently reviewed the beautiful Conrad Cartagena hotel by Hilton — a great choice if you decide to travel to the historical and sunny destination.
To book, simply scroll through dates on Google Flights to find the cheapest time to travel. Once you’ve selected flights that work with your schedule and budget, you can book through Orbitz, Expedia or directly through the airline itself.
Airline(s): JetBlue, Delta, COPA, Avianca,
Route: ATL/BWI/DEN/BDL/MCO/PHL/PIT/RDU to CTG
Cost: $275+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August 2018 through January 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or with the airline itself
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG) from $275 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG) from $294 round-trip on JetBlue:
Denver (DEN) to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG) from $295 round-trip on COPA:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG) from $298 round-trip on JetBlue:
Atlanta (ATL) to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG) from $317 round-trip on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards