This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotwire is offering a fantastic deal on last-minute hotel stays around the holiday week surrounding July 4. Participating cities include New York, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Washington DC and Orlando. The $49/night deal is valid for the first two nights of any double-occupancy hotel stay between between June 26th to July 8th, 2018, and must be booked through Hotwire for participating Hot Rate hotels, while supplies last. Valid for travel June 26 – July 8, 2018, limited to one booking per person. Prices do not include taxes or resort fees, which can go up to $50 per night. The hotel will be revealed after booking is complete.
Since this is a Hotwire Hot Rate deal, all bookings are final; no refunds or changes are allowed and you generally won’t earn loyalty points or get elite status perks on OTA hotel bookings.
However, the booking promotion can be stacked with cash back shopping portals such as Active Junky, which is offering 9% cash back as of the time of this post.
Online Travel Agency: Hotwire
Cities: New York, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Washington DC, Orlando
Cost: $49/night for the first two nights, plus taxes and resort fees
Dates: Book by June 28, 2018; stay between June 26–July 8, 2018.
Booking Link: Directly through Hotwire, or utilize CashBackMonitor.com to find the best shopping portal rewards
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are some examples of what you can book:
New York: Two nights at a four-star hotel in Central Park for $124 total between July 3-5, over the Fourth of July
Chicago: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel in Millennium Park for $116 total, between July 6-8
Los Angeles: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel in Santa Monica Pier for $122 total between June 29-July 1
Orlando: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel near Universal Orlando I-North for $111 total between June 29-July 1
Miami: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel near the Downtown – Port of Miami for $111 total between June 29-July 1
Featured photo by JTB/UIG via Getty Images
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards