Deal Alert: Stay at 4-Star Hotels in Major US Cities For $49 Per Night
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Hotwire is offering a fantastic deal on last-minute hotel stays around the holiday week surrounding July 4. Participating cities include New York, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Washington DC and Orlando. The $49/night deal is valid for the first two nights of any double-occupancy hotel stay between between June 26th to July 8th, 2018, and must be booked through Hotwire for participating Hot Rate hotels, while supplies last. Valid for travel June 26 – July 8, 2018, limited to one booking per person. Prices do not include taxes or resort fees, which can go up to $50 per night. The hotel will be revealed after booking is complete.
Since this is a Hotwire Hot Rate deal, all bookings are final; no refunds or changes are allowed and you generally won’t earn loyalty points or get elite status perks on OTA hotel bookings.
However, the booking promotion can be stacked with cash back shopping portals such as Active Junky, which is offering 9% cash back as of the time of this post.
Online Travel Agency: Hotwire
Cities: New York, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Washington DC, Orlando
Cost: $49/night for the first two nights, plus taxes and resort fees
Dates: Book by June 28, 2018; stay between June 26–July 8, 2018.
Booking Link: Directly through Hotwire, or utilize CashBackMonitor.com to find the best shopping portal rewards
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are some examples of what you can book:
New York: Two nights at a four-star hotel in Central Park for $124 total between July 3-5, over the Fourth of July
Chicago: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel in Millennium Park for $116 total, between July 6-8
Los Angeles: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel in Santa Monica Pier for $122 total between June 29-July 1
Orlando: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel near Universal Orlando I-North for $111 total between June 29-July 1
Miami: Two weekend nights at a four-star hotel near the Downtown – Port of Miami for $111 total between June 29-July 1
Featured photo by JTB/UIG via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.