Deal alert: Nonstop fares to Paris, London, Barcelona and more from $119
The trend of rock-bottom sale fares to Europe continues – just in time for Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day. This time the lowest fares begin at $119 one way from New York to Paris on Norwegian Air. Return fares on the same route cost slightly more. The lowest round-trip fares we saw came out to $274. All of our example flights are nonstop direct routes which cuts down on your travel time.
Keep in mind that Norwegian is a low-cost carrier, and the cheapest sale fares fares book into the “LowFare” class, which means you’ll pay for anything beyond the flight itself and carryon luggage totaling up to 22 pounds. Seat selection, checked bags, meals and change fees will all add to your overall flight cost.
Fortunately, many of these routes are operated by Norwegian’s 787 Dreamliner fleet, which utilizes the plane’s revolutionary air filtering system to keep you better hydrated and more comfortable in flight. (For context, You can also access perks such as priority boarding through the airline’s no-fee credit card.
To find the right deal for you, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Routes: BOS/JFK/AUS/SFO/LAX to LGW/CDG/BCN/MAD and more
Cost: from $119 one way
Dates: book by 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 12 for travel between January through October 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $274 round trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $310 round trip nonstop:
San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) for $310 round trip nonstop:
Denver (DEN) to Paris (CDG) for $378 round trip nonstop:
Austin (AUS) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $409 round trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Madrid (MAD) for $430 round trip nonstop:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees