Deal alert: Hawaii flights from $99 through July 15
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’ve been patiently waiting for a great price on your next trip to Hawaii, Alaska Airlines is offering flight deals this summer as part of its Aloha Sale. If you’re looking for a getaway, these inexpensive flights might have you packing your bags very soon.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Through tomorrow, July 15, you’ll be able to book flights starting at $99 through Alaska Airlines. Flights are only available on routes originating on the West Coast, including:
- San Francisco (SFO)-Honolulu (HNL).
- San Jose, California (SJC)-Honolulu (HNL).
- Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)-Honolulu (HNL).
- Portland, Oregon (PDX)-Lihue (LIH).
- San Diego (SAN)-Kona (KOA).
- San Jose (SJC)-Kona (KOA).
- Los Angeles (LAX)-Kahului (OGG).
- San Francisco (SFO)-Kahului (OGG).
- San Diego (SAN)-Kahului (OGG).
- Seattle (SEA)-Kahului (OGG).
Saver fares generally begin at $99 and the highest-priced main-cabin seat can be seen at $239. These flights are only one-way so you’ll have to book a separate return flight.
If you’re thinking about a trip to Hawaii, these tickets are a steal. Flights from these airports to Hawaii usually begin at $400 and only go up from there.
To take advantage of the deal fare you must book tickets by July 15 and at least 21 days before your selected departure date. Tickets for the Seattle-to-Kahului route will only be valid Monday-Thursday during the window of Sept. 7 to Nov. 10.
If you choose to book a saver fare, keep in mind that they cannot be changed once purchased. They can however be canceled within 24 hours of purchase for a full refund or credit.
Hawaii travel restrictions
Travel to Hawaii still might present complications due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many restrictions have been loosened, however there are still limitations.
U.S. travelers who have been fully vaccinated can now bypass mandatory quarantine requirements by registering with Hawaii’s Safe Travels system and providing proof of vaccination. Hawaii is only accepting the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or a printout from the Vaccine Administration Management System as proof. Instead of carrying your physical vaccination card, you can use digital health passes through Clear Health Pass and CommonPass. Unvaccinated travelers who arrive without proof of a negative COVID-19 test will have to quarantine for 10 days.
As of July 8, businesses in Hawaii can allow for greater capacities. Restaurants can now accommodate 75% capacity, indoor events can have 25 attendees and outdoor events can have 75 attendees.
Even though many states in the continental U.S. aren’t requiring masks for fully vaccinated individuals, you will still have to pack a few for your Hawaiian vacation as masks are still required indoors.
This deal won’t last long so take advantage of it now. Due to vaccination rates increasing, this summer is the first time in over a year that travelers (who are vaccinated) can achieve some sense of normalcy when traveling to Hawaii. Take note of local restrictions and guidelines before you travel as different islands may have different requirements in place. Even if this is an impromptu trip, it can be a great way to rack up spending to achieve the sign-up bonus on cards like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. Book before tomorrow ends and get ready to say aloha.
Featured photo by shorrocks/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees