Deal alert: Flights to the Caribbean from $144 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
If you’re tired of huge winter jackets, salt-filled streets and sudden spates of storms, why not get away from it all? We’re seeing deals across the US to the Caribbean, from Turks and Caicos, the Bahamas and even the Virgin Islands. Sip a colada and let the sun soak in with these cheap flights. While you’re there, don’t forget to stay at some of the hottest hotels on the islands, like the Shore Club Turks and Caicos or the Atlantis Paradise Island.
Note that many deals begin in basic economy, but the right credit card may help. For instance, you could use a United co-branded card to buy the tickets, which can defeat basic economy and help ease some pain: You’ll jump from the last boarding group to a much earlier one and also be able to bring on a carry-on bag and check another bag for free — possibly even two, depending on the card you hold. If you hold American AA elite status or have an eligible card, you will receive a regular boarding group designation, be able to bring on a carry-on bag and check a bag or two, depending on the credit card you hold.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia. With Southwest, you’ll have to search and book directly through the airline website or app.
Airline: United, American, Spirit
Routes: BOS/EWR/DCA/CLE — PLS/NAS/SJU/STT
Cost: $144+ round-trip
Dates: February – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $285 round-trip nonstop on United:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Nassau (NAS) for $266 round-trip on American:
New York (EWR) to San Juan (SJU) for $144 round-trip on United:
Cleveland (CLE) to St. Thomas (STT) for $277 round-trip via Priceline:
Boston (BOS) to Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $285 round-trip nonstop via Priceline:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Pola Damonte/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.