Deal alert: Flights to the Caribbean from $144 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
If you’re tired of huge winter jackets, salt-filled streets and sudden spates of storms, why not get away from it all? We’re seeing deals across the US to the Caribbean, from Turks and Caicos, the Bahamas and even the Virgin Islands. Sip a colada and let the sun soak in with these cheap flights. While you’re there, don’t forget to stay at some of the hottest hotels on the islands, like the Shore Club Turks and Caicos or the Atlantis Paradise Island.
Note that many deals begin in basic economy, but the right credit card may help. For instance, you could use a United co-branded card to buy the tickets, which can defeat basic economy and help ease some pain: You’ll jump from the last boarding group to a much earlier one and also be able to bring on a carry-on bag and check another bag for free — possibly even two, depending on the card you hold. If you hold American AA elite status or have an eligible card, you will receive a regular boarding group designation, be able to bring on a carry-on bag and check a bag or two, depending on the credit card you hold.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia. With Southwest, you’ll have to search and book directly through the airline website or app.
Airline: United, American, Spirit
Routes: BOS/EWR/DCA/CLE — PLS/NAS/SJU/STT
Cost: $144+ round-trip
Dates: February – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $285 round-trip nonstop on United:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Nassau (NAS) for $266 round-trip on American:
New York (EWR) to San Juan (SJU) for $144 round-trip on United:
Cleveland (CLE) to St. Thomas (STT) for $277 round-trip via Priceline:
Boston (BOS) to Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $285 round-trip nonstop via Priceline:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Pola Damonte/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees