Deal Alert: 2-in-1 Flights to Asia Starting at $639, Business Class Starting at $2,609
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Saving money on round-trip tickets is great, but saving money on 2-in-1 deals is even better. We’re seeing excellent availability on multi-city bookings out of cities like Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR) and Chicago (ORD) to two cities in Asia, starting at just $639 round-trip in the fall. You’ll need to play around with cities and dates to get the best deals, but we were able to find cities such as Bangkok (BKK), Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Jakarta (CGK). The New York to Tokyo to Bangkok deal was first reported by Secret Flying.
We also found a great business class deal from Chicago to Beijing and then Bangkok starting at just $2,609. All legs are in Hainan’s business class which, as TPG’s Javi Rodriguez noted recently, has a reputation for great service and is a solid business class product.
There may be deals to cities that aren’t listed below, so you can play around with Google Flights’ explore tool to see what’s available.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: ANA, Hainan, EVA Air
Routes: JFK/LAX/SFO/ORD to BKK/KUL/PEK/NRT/HND/CGK/TPE/SGN/EWR
Cost: $639+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September – November
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (NRT) to Bangkok (BKK) for $639 round-trip on ANA via United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT) to Bangkok (BKK) for $655 round-trip on ANA via United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (HND) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $682 round-trip on ANA via United:
Chicago (ORD) to Tokyo (NRT) to Bangkok (BKK) for $703 round-trip on ANA via United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $746 round-trip on EVA Air:
Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK) to Bangkok (BKK) for $2,609 round-trip on Hainan in Business Class:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.