Deal alert: 10% off Alaska flights for email subscribers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Alaska has a little sugar for its email subscribers: a unique discount code for 10% off travel between January 8 and February 13, 2020.
This deal is only available for current email subscribers, and flights must be purchased by October 21, 2019, to qualify for the discount.
Here’s the catch: Your discount code is unique to you, and can only be used once for a single purchase, although you can book up to seven travelers on one reservation (and the purchaser does not have to be among the travelers). All seven passengers must travel together and be booked and ticketed at the same time, in the same reservation and at the same fare.
The 10% discount applies to all base fare levels for routes systemwide, and must be applied directly to a purchase made through AlaskaAir.com. The discount is not available on Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation packages, tour or contract fares, most discounted first class fares and many privately filed fares.
Travel to/from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Mondays through Thursdays. All other travel is valid Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays. Finally, the discount is only available on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, PenAir, and SkyWest.
Routes: Various U.S. cities
Cost: 10% discount off base fares
Travel Dates: Book by October 21, 2019, for travel between January 8, 2020, and February 13, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are some examples of current routes and prices in January — February 2020 before the 10% discount:
Dallas (DAL) to Portland (PDX) for $192 round-trip nonstop:
Austin (AUS) to San Francisco (SFO) for $268 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo by The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.