Disney Channel Actor Arrested at LAX for Attempting to Bring a Gun Through Security
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An actor known for his role in the Disney Channel show “Wizards of Waverly Place” was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Monday after attempting to bring a loaded handgun through the security checkpoint.
At about 9:05am PT on Monday in LAX’s Terminal 2, David Henrie, best known for playing Justin Russo on the Disney show, was arrested when TSA officers found a firearm after searching his baggage. According to an LAX public information officer, Henrie was booked into the LAPD Pacific Division Jail and has since been released with an Oct. 1 court date.
In a statement, released on Twitter, Henrie expressed that he had brought the weapon through security “unintentionally.” He said he felt “humiliated and embarrassed,” adding, “But am thankful to the TSA, LAPD and all involved today for their kindness and their professionalism during this process.”
The LAXPD Union responded in a tweet, appreciating Henrie for his professionalism.
The weapon was reported to be a 9mm pistol and was loaded at the time it was found. According to Buzzfeed News, Henrie did not have a permit to carry it concealed.
Henrie’s incident involving a firearm and a TSA checkpoint is the latest in a string of similar discoveries by the TSA. In August, the TSA found its 12th gun at Washington Dulles (IAD) since the start of the year, and later that month, a passenger attempted to bring a gun-shaped speaker on board. In May, the TSA reminded people that no firearms are allowed through checkpoints — even if they’re pink.
Featured image by Paul Archuleta / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.