Disney Channel Actor Arrested at LAX for Attempting to Bring a Gun Through Security
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An actor known for his role in the Disney Channel show “Wizards of Waverly Place” was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Monday after attempting to bring a loaded handgun through the security checkpoint.
At about 9:05am PT on Monday in LAX’s Terminal 2, David Henrie, best known for playing Justin Russo on the Disney show, was arrested when TSA officers found a firearm after searching his baggage. According to an LAX public information officer, Henrie was booked into the LAPD Pacific Division Jail and has since been released with an Oct. 1 court date.
In a statement, released on Twitter, Henrie expressed that he had brought the weapon through security “unintentionally.” He said he felt “humiliated and embarrassed,” adding, “But am thankful to the TSA, LAPD and all involved today for their kindness and their professionalism during this process.”
The LAXPD Union responded in a tweet, appreciating Henrie for his professionalism.
The weapon was reported to be a 9mm pistol and was loaded at the time it was found. According to Buzzfeed News, Henrie did not have a permit to carry it concealed.
Henrie’s incident involving a firearm and a TSA checkpoint is the latest in a string of similar discoveries by the TSA. In August, the TSA found its 12th gun at Washington Dulles (IAD) since the start of the year, and later that month, a passenger attempted to bring a gun-shaped speaker on board. In May, the TSA reminded people that no firearms are allowed through checkpoints — even if they’re pink.
Featured image by Paul Archuleta / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees