Disney Channel Actor Arrested at LAX for Attempting to Bring a Gun Through Security
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An actor known for his role in the Disney Channel show “Wizards of Waverly Place” was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Monday after attempting to bring a loaded handgun through the security checkpoint.
At about 9:05am PT on Monday in LAX’s Terminal 2, David Henrie, best known for playing Justin Russo on the Disney show, was arrested when TSA officers found a firearm after searching his baggage. According to an LAX public information officer, Henrie was booked into the LAPD Pacific Division Jail and has since been released with an Oct. 1 court date.
In a statement, released on Twitter, Henrie expressed that he had brought the weapon through security “unintentionally.” He said he felt “humiliated and embarrassed,” adding, “But am thankful to the TSA, LAPD and all involved today for their kindness and their professionalism during this process.”
The LAXPD Union responded in a tweet, appreciating Henrie for his professionalism.
The weapon was reported to be a 9mm pistol and was loaded at the time it was found. According to Buzzfeed News, Henrie did not have a permit to carry it concealed.
Henrie’s incident involving a firearm and a TSA checkpoint is the latest in a string of similar discoveries by the TSA. In August, the TSA found its 12th gun at Washington Dulles (IAD) since the start of the year, and later that month, a passenger attempted to bring a gun-shaped speaker on board. In May, the TSA reminded people that no firearms are allowed through checkpoints — even if they’re pink.
Featured image by Paul Archuleta / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees