Daily Getaways Preview: Buy Points, Gift Cards and Vacation Packages Up to 60% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Daily Getaways is almost back! Starting next Monday, April 9, the US Travel Association will partner with dozens of travel providers to offer a deal starting at 1pm Eastern each day (Monday-Friday) for five weeks. Some of these deals are very popular and will sell out in a matter of seconds, while other deals will linger unsold until the end of the promotion.
Only the deals for the first two weeks have been unveiled on the Daily Getaways website. But, the US Travel Association has shared the full list of offers with TPG. Let’s take a look at what’s available this year.
Points, Points, Points!
Again this year, there are many points packages available. Some offer great value, others are mediocre. But, one thing’s for sure: There are a ton of points for sale. In just the first two weeks, over 789 million points are for sale. Here are the details:
- April 10: Choice Privileges points ranging from 0.48 to 0.57 cents per point vs. 0.6 cents per point TPG valuation. A good deal that’s sure to sell out quickly.
- April 11: IHG Rewards points ranging from 0.58 to 0.6 cents per point vs. 0.6 cents per point TPG valuation. These probably won’t sell out again this year, especially since IHG recently sold points for just 0.5 cents each.
- April 16: Hilton Honors points at 0.5 cents per point vs. 0.6 cents per point TPG valuation. A decent deal for those who can redeem for a good value.
- April 17: 15,000 Wyndham points — enough for one free night at any Wyndham property — for $175. This computes to 1.17 cents per point vs. 1.2 cents per point TPG valuation. So, this is only a good value if you can use these points for an exceptional property.
- April 19: Hertz Gold points ranging from 4.23 to 5.09 cents per point.
- April 26: Best Western Rewards points for 0.55 cents per point vs. 0.7 cents per point TPG valuation. A decent deal for those who know how to use these points.
- May 8: World of Hyatt points ranging from 1.04 to 1.1 cents per point vs. 1.8 cents per point TPG valuation. An excellent deal that’ll sell out quickly.
Hotel Nights & Gift Cards
If you’re looking for a discounted hotel stay or a discount on a gift card toward a future hotel stay, here are your options:
- April 20: two nights at select Omni Hotels & Resorts
- April 24: two nights at select Loews properties
- April 30: $608 for two nights at Fairmont Austin
- April 30: $2,472 for four nights at Fairmont Grand Del Mar San Diego
- May 2: $1,000 Orbitz hotel promo code for $650. This offer is attention-grabbing but always comes with severe restrictions.
- May 3: Marriott eGiftCards at 20% off
One major category of Daily Getaways again this year are hotel packages. These won’t appeal to everyone, but for those looking for a getaway with minimal planning, these packages could be a good deal. Beware that these packages typically have blackout dates that cover most holidays. These packages are being offered on:
- April 18: Excalibur, New York-New York, Luxor, Mandalay Bay and Bellagio
- April 25: Bally’s Las Vegas, Paris Las Vegas, Rio All-Suite Las Vegas, Cromwell, Harrah’s Resort, Caesars Palace
- May 1: MGM Grand, Circus Circus, ARIA Las Vegas Resort, Mirage, Park MGM Resort
- May 4: Venetian, Palazzo
- May 7: Harrah’s, LINQ, Caesars Resort, Caesars Palace, Planet Holleywood, Nobu Hotel
Discounted Park Tickets
Another staple of Daily Getaways are discounted tickets and vacation packages to theme parks. Here are the offers for 2018:
- April 9: $139 Universal Express Ticket (admission and express access to each ride and attraction and priority seating at select shows to Universal Studios Hollywood in California)
- April 12: $160 Discovery Cove Dolphin tickets
- April 12: $50 SeaWorld day tickets
- April 12: $75 two-day tickets at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and/or Adventure Island Tampa Bay
- April 27: $569 for two three-park, three-day tickets to Universal Orlando
- April 27: $2,388 for a four-day, three-night Universal Orlando vacation package with flights, hotel and park admission
- April 27: $1,545 for one-day, two-park Universal Orlando VIP Experience
As in prior years, Avis and Alamo are participating in Daily Getaways, bringing what’s become the standard offers:
- April 13: $30 Avis One-Day Car Rental
- April 13: $750 Avis President’s Club Membership
- April 23: $50 Alamo certificate for $25
As always, there are some great deals to be had for a wide spectrum of travelers — from those who want a Vegas getaway to families that want to book theme park tickets to points collectors. However, we are a bit disappointed in the lack of deflation in the points offerings from prior years. As programs devalue their points — looking at you, IHG Rewards — the Daily Getaways points rates haven’t been dropping, making these progressively worse deals. That said, some (Choice, Hyatt) deals remain excellent deals.
Stay tuned to more detailed deeper dives on these upcoming deals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.