Last chance to register: Earn 3x points and save on award stays with World of Hyatt promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This guide has been updated with the latest promotions.
If you have Hyatt stays planned in the next few weeks, you’ll want to make sure you’re taking advantage of World of Hyatt’s current promotions.
Now is your last chance to register for the Bonus Journeys promotion, which offers 3x bonus points on stays of two or more nights. Furthermore, those with a World of Hyatt Credit Card can register to earn a 25% rebate on some award redemptions.
If your travel plans align, you can earn or save a significant number of points, so let’s dig in.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Bonus Journeys promotion
Registration is closing soon for Hyatt’s current Bonus Journeys promotion. It offers 3x bonus points on all stays of two or more qualifying nights between July 20 – Sept. 15, 2021, but you must register by Aug. 20.
The promotion includes nights at all Hyatt properties, including participating MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) properties and Lindblad Expedition experiences. You can earn up to 120,000 bonus points.
Normally, World of Hyatt members earn 5 points per $1. However, with the Bonus Journeys promotion, that goes up to 15 points per $1, excluding elite bonuses.
If you’re a World of Hyatt Credit cardholder, you can maximize this promotion further by charging Hyatt hotel stays to your card for a combined 19 points per $1 spent. For example, a $500 hotel stay would earn a total of 9,500 Hyatt points:
- 5 points per $1 via the standard earning rate = 2,500 points
- 10 points per $1 via Bonus Journeys = 5,000 points
- 4 points per $1 from the Hyatt credit card = 2,000 points
And that’s before factoring in the 10-30% bonus elite members get.
Rebate on summer World of Hyatt redemptions
World of Hyatt periodically offers rebates and other promotions exclusively to cobranded credit cardholders.
This summer, all World of Hyatt Credit cardholders who register and book award nights between June 15 and Sept. 15, 2021, will get 25% of their points back on eligible redemptions at participating brands. As with the Bonus Journeys promotion, you must register by Aug. 20, 2021, to be eligible.
Unfortunately, this version of the points rebate promo is not as lucrative as the ones we’ve seen in previous years because this one only applies to Hyatt’s independent collection brands: JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. So if you book the Confidante Miami Beach for 15,000 points per night, you’ll get back 3,750 points per night if you have the Hyatt credit card, since it is a part of the Unbound Collection.
In addition to the award stays themselves, you can earn the rebate on room upgrades, dining and spa services. Points + Cash redemptions are also eligible. You can earn up to 30,000 bonus points per transaction and there’s no limit to how many transactions you can have. Hyatt says that it could take 6-8 weeks for you to get your points back, though, in practice, it’s often been faster than that in previous years.
There’s no special link or promo code to book your stays. Just make sure to register for the offer by Aug. 20, 2021.
Here is a small sampling of eligible properties within those brands:
- The Driskill — Austin, TX (Normally 20,000 points per night, 15,000 with promo)
- The Eliza Jane — New Orleans, LA (Normally 15,000 points per night, 11,250 with promo)
- Carmel Valley Ranch — Carmel, CA (Normally 25,000 points per night, 18,750 with promo)
- Great Scotland Yard Hotel — London (Normally 25,000 points per night, 18,750 with promo)
- Park South Hotel — New York, NY (Normally 20,000 points per night, 15,000 with promo)
- Hotel 50 Bowery — New York, NY (Normally 20,000 points per night, 15,000 with promo)
- Hotel Revival Baltimore — Baltimore, MD (Normally 8,000 points per night, 6,000 with promo)
- Lodge at Spruce Peak — Stowe, VT (Normally 30,000 points per night, 22,500 with promo)
- Hana Maui Resort — Hana, HI (Normally 30,000 points per night, 22,500 with promo)
If you aren’t yet a World of Hyatt Credit cardholder, you can sign-up for the card now, take advantage of its current elevated sign-up offer (including its current fast track pathway to Globalist status) and become eligible for promotions like these in the future.
The latest offers to earn bonus points on your upcoming stays and save on award redemptions will engender loyalty with Hyatt as travel restarts. Although the 25% rebate for cobranded credit cardholders is a decent discount, it’s a bit more restrictive than some previous offers as it’s limited to just three hotel brands. That said, there are some unique hotels within those brands and this could be the right opportunity to give them a try for fewer points than normal.
Even if you don’t have any stays planned yet, you should register now for both promotions before it’s too late (deadline on Aug. 20) so you don’t accidentally leave points on the table.
Additional reporting by Andrew Kunesh and Chris Dong.
Featured photo of the Hyatt Regency JFK by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees