Watch a Massive Cruise Ship Break Away From Its Dock Amid Heavy Winds
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Arcadia, a massive cruise ship that belongs to cruise company P&O, broke free from its dock in Bermuda early Monday morning amid strong winds in the region.
Video from the Port of Bermuda’s webcam situated on the dock shows the powerful winds pushing the huge ship away from its mooring in the wee hours of Dec. 17. The cruise liner can be seen drifting out to sea in the video at about 2:53am. Arcadia was reportedly mid-voyage when it broke away from the dock, so passengers were likely on board, along with the crew who jump into action to bring the ship back to port, Newsweek reports.
According to P&O’s website, Arcadia is a mid-sized “adults only” cruise ship, which can carry up to 2,388 passengers and 869 crew. The vessel first entered service in 2005, but since has been retrofitted with updates to the its suites, bars, food court and other public areas. Arcadia sails to destinations all over the globe, including a 99-night Western circumnavigation voyage.
Newsweek says the ship floated sideways for a short period of time before the crew was able to regain control.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees