Don’t wait: These credit card offers and credits expire today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information. This page includes information about the Discover it Cash Back that is not currently available on The Points Guy and may be out of date.
It’s the last day of the month, meaning that it’s time to take inventory of any expiring credits that may still be lingering around. Many offers and promotions expire today — June 30 — that you don’t want to miss out on. Let’s take a deeper look.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
With the American Express Gold Card, you’ll receive two monthly credits:
- $10 Uber Cash credit: Once you enroll your Amex Gold to your Uber account, you’ll automatically find your monthly Uber Cash credit that can be used for Uber rides or Uber Eats orders in the U.S.
- $10 dining credit: Earn a statement credit at select dining partners, including Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed and participating Shake Shack locations.
You’ll receive these $10 statement credits each month, for a total of up to $120 in a calendar year. However, these monthly credits don’t roll over, so make sure you take advantage of them by the end of each month. Enrollment required for select benefits.
The Chase Freedom Flex is a no-annual-fee cash-back card that offers the chance to earn rewards through rotating bonus categories each quarter. You’ll earn 5% cash back on up to the first $1,500 spent quarterly (activation required). If you’re able to max out the cap, you’ll earn $75 in cash back this quarter — for a total of $300 in cash back at the end of the year.
June 30 marks the end of second quarter bonus categories, that include gas stations and home improvement stores. If you’re able to head out to Lowe’s or Home Depot for your summer home improvement projects, now is a great time to secure a whopping 5% cash back on these purchases.
And if you’re unable to take advantage of this quarter’s categories, remember you’ll still earn 5% on travel booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal, 3% on dining and drugstores and 1% on everything else. Don’t forget to activate Q3’s categories no later than September 14, 2021.
The Discover it Cash Back card is another no-annual-fee cash-back card with rotating categories. Today is the last day of Q2 where you can earn 5% back on up to $1,500 in purchases at gas stations, wholesale clubs and select streaming services.
You’ll have to activate this offer each quarter; otherwise you’ll only earn Discover it Cash Back’s 1% rewards rate on all other purchases.
Select cobranded American Express personal cards
Through Dec. 31, 2021, many cobranded personal Amex cards are eligible for monthly dining statement credits — a great way to help offset your ongoing annual fee if you’re not traveling as much nowadays. Only cards that were opened before Jan. 1, 2021, are eligible for these credits, and some cards require you to activate this statement credit in your Amex Offers. Eligibility for the Amex offers listed on this page is limited. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming. The table below breaks down each offer further:
|CARD||MONTHLY CREDIT||ANNUAL TOTAL||ENROLLMENT REQUIRED?|
|Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card||$10||up to $110||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card||$15||up to $165||No, automatically enrolled|
|Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card||$20||up to $220||No, automatically enrolled|
|Hilton Honors American Express Card||$5||up to $55||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card||$10||up to $110||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card||$20||up to $220||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (not available for new applicants)||$10||up to $110||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card||$20||up to $220||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
By dining in or ordering take out at any U.S. restaurant, you’ll receive a monthly statement credit, up to 11 times. If you have yet to take advantage of this offer on your eligible card, now is a great time to visit your favorite restaurant as your March credit expires today.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Select co-branded American Express business cards
On a number of co-branded Amex business cards, you’ll receive a monthly statement credit on U.S. wireless telephone services. Only cards that were opened before Jan. 1, 2021, are eligible for these credits, and some cards require you to activate this statement credit in your Amex Offers:
|CARD||MONTHLY CREDIT||ANNUAL TOTAL||ENROLLMENT REQUIRED?|
|Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card||$10||up to $110||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card||$15||up to $165||No, automatically enrolled|
|Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card||$20||up to $220||No, automatically enrolled|
|The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card||$10||up to $110||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
|Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card||$15||up to $165||Yes, must activate in Amex Offers|
You’ll receive a monthly statement credit until Dec. 31, 2021 — up to 11 times by the end of the year. Make sure you find a way to use March’s credit by today.
The Platinum Card from American Express has no shortage of perks that encourage users to pay its ongoing $695 annual fee (see rates and fees). Here’s a breakdown of some of the monthly credits that are set to expire today:
- $15 Uber Cash credit: Enroll your Amex Platinum on your Uber app to receive monthly Uber Cash credits, redeemable for U.S. Uber rides or Uber Eats orders. You’ll receive $15 each month and $20 in December.
- $30 PayPal credit: Until June 30, 2021, you’ll earn up to $30 back in statement credits each month when using PayPal. There’s no enrollment required — just pay with your Amex Platinum card (No longer available).
You can easily order takeout through Uber Eats or make a quick online purchase to take advantage of this PayPal credit, both of which don’t roll over to the next month. Again, this is your last chance to use the $30 PayPal statement credit! Enrollment required for select benefits.
Monthly statement credits are an excellent way to recoup — or exceed the value — of an ongoing annual fee on a credit card. In fact, issuers have added numerous monthly statement credits to reward cardholders for their everyday purchases. Since all of your June promotions expire today, treat yourself to your favorite local restaurant or go ahead and reduce the cost of any bills for this summer.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees