Couple Has Full Wedding Ceremony on Southwest Flight to Baltimore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When passengers boarded a Southwest flight with service from Las Vegas (LAS) to Baltimore (BWI), they probably didn’t know that they’d be guests at a wedding about 37,000 feet up. Unless, of course, they noticed two passengers board curiously in bride and groom attire.
About 45 minutes into the flight, two passengers, one dressed in a white wedding gown and the other wearing a snazzy tux, made their way to opposite ends of the Boeing 737. That’s when Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect” played. The bride-to-be, Renee, slowly strolled down the aisle of the plane to meet her groom, Michael, and the ceremony began.
The pilot of the flight was vital to the service in more than one way. Besides taking the newlyweds safely from point A to point B, he also officiated the wedding over the intercom. He had jokes, too, even inserting a shameless Southwest rewards promo when he asked Michael to repeat the vow, “I, Michael, take you, Renee, to be my wife, my partner in life, and my travel companion when I become a Rapid Reward Member today, tomorrow and forever.”
The pilot also highlighted that the pair apparently met on Match.com, exclaiming “yes, ladies and gentleman, it really does work,” right after joking that the couple of four years “decided to make it at least another four years.”
After the vows were exchanged, the couple happily danced back to their seats to the Chris Brown tune, “Forever.”
A passenger, Skylee Campbell, posted videos of the ceremony to her Facebook page with the caption: “Can’t think of a better way to spend a late-night, 5 hour flight other than watching a wedding happen on the plane! #southwestairlines”.
Campbell commented on the experience, telling Yahoo Lifestyle, “It was adorable. They had us all turn on our call lights to light up the aisle and play music.”
It seems like airlines are beginning to gain a reputation for live in-flight entertainment, despite not having IFE screens on board. Just this month, a Spirit flight attendant did an entire stand up routine for a crowd of passengers on a delayed and A/C-less flight. The three-and-a-half minute introduction brought laughs from throughout the plane.
Thankfully, the videos don’t show any passengers brushing past the wedding ceremony to use the lavatory.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees