This French Cottage Is Made From 100% Real Chocolate — and People are Staying in It
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
How much chocolate is too much chocolate? Well, if anyone out there knows, it might just be the guests who’ve booked their stay at Booking.com’s new “Chocolate Cottage.”
The cottage is made almost entirely of chocolate. The walls, the décor and the furniture (though, thankfully not the bed) were all constructed and designed by master chocolatier Jean-Luc Decluzeau.
“I never thought I’d have the opportunity to build a life-size chocolate cottage for travelers to sleep in!” said Decluzeau to The Mirror. “I’m excited to collaborate with Booking.com and to share my passion for chocolate. I hope guests will relish the chance to experience such a sweet and unique place to stay.”
Guests can also participate in a workshop led by the chocolatier, making miniature chocolate cottages for themselves.
The 18-square-meter Chocolate Cottage is located inside the L’Orangerie Ephémère, a glass house in the gardens of the Cité de la Céramique in Sèvres, France. This keeps all 1.5 tonnes of chocolate at the right temperature to avoid any changes in texture while also keeping out any bugs or animals. Guests are not permitted to snack on the actual edifice or furniture of the house to ensure that everything remains in optimal condition (and there are no half-eaten chunks of wall to let in an unfriendly draft). However, according to Booking.com, “lots of chocolate snacks will be provided.”
The cottage is located just outside of Paris — about four miles from the Eiffel Tower. It contains one bedroom cottage but can accommodate up to four guests, offering one double bed and two singles, but no bathroom. For that, there is a toilet available nearby. Along with the chocolatier workshop, complimentary dinner and breakfast are provided by Booking.com.
The Chocolate Cottage took its first bookings since its opening on September 11, 2018. The special accommodation opened to guests for only three select nights, September 19 and 26 or October 5 and 6, 2018, but have already sold out. However, we recommend that you keep tabs on the special accommodation, as new dates can always open up. For more information on booking a stay, visit the posting for The Chocolate Cottage on Booking.com.
Featured image by Booking.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees