Joon Introduces Skycouch-Like Product for Kids, ‘Cosy Joon’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France’s low-cost carrier Joon has announced a new option for parents traveling with kids — called “Cosy Joon.” The new seating option allows the conversion of economy seats into a couch for kids to sleep or play.
Much like the Air New Zealand Skycouch product, Cosy Joon is aimed at families traveling with small children who will sleep better laying down. According to Joon, once at a safe altitude, the seat headrests are repositioned to the lower part of the seat, using the space between the seat and the row in front to create a safe play or sleeping area for small children. Just be sure you don’t need that carry-on from under the seat in front of you before the reconfiguration.
Parents can choose to book the Cosy Joon option on Joon’s A340s, used on some of their longer haul routes, such as on upcoming service to Saint Martin. The A340s have four designated Cosy Joon rows, 33-36, using the four middle seats, D through H. Joon notes that space is limited and parents are encouraged to book as early as possible to ensure their kids can fly in comfort on the A340.
So what’s all this flying comfort cost? €20 per passenger — around $23 each. That’s a cost of around $69-$92 for the family. Good news for Flying Blue members with status, though — Cosy Joon is free for all Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members.
Joon has reworked the safety restraint for the new seat configuration to ensure that little ones stay safe should the ride get bumpy along the way. Joon is also providing a cotton mattress pad for the seats, so kids are comfortable and can sleep away the miles. If you’re a parent flying with only one kid, you’re out of luck for now; Joon only allows the booking for parents flying with two kids on the same reservation.
The new option from Joon will launch this November. It’s safe to say that most of the traveling public will be glad that kids are being made comfortable in the air. Parents traveling with kids in the Cosy Joon option should make everyone’s time in the sky a bit more enjoyable.
All images courtesy of Joon.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.