Citi ThankYou adds new SkyTeam airline transfer partner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we like options when it comes time to book award travel so that all your eggs — err, miles — aren’t in one basket and thus aren’t as subject to devaluations and award-chart changes. That means we get usually pretty excited when credit card programs add new transfer partners, since more partners means more options.
Today, the Citi ThankYou program has added a new airline transfer partner in Aeromexico’s Club Premier. This brings the number of ThankYou transfer partners to 15 airline programs (though one is JetPrivilege, which was the program of Jet Airways but continues to operate in spite of the carrier’s demise.)
Aeromexico is in the SkyTeam alliance, along with airlines such as Delta, KLM and Air France. The transfer ratio from Citi ThankYou to Premier Club will be 1:1. Aeromexico’s award chart is generally not thought of as being amazing for Aeromexico and other SkyTeam partners. They do technically list an around-the-world award with 15 stopovers, though I haven’t heard of anyone successfully booking.
If you are hoping to fly in a lie-flat seat to Mexico City (MEX), that is possible on some Aeromexico routes operated by the Dreamliner, such as this Los Angeles (LAX) – MEX itinerary available or about 52,000 Club Premier points. Economy seats can be found on this route for around 18,500 points each direction.
You can’t book most traditional partner awards online via Premier Club, though some Delta awards are available online.
Otherwise, you may need to find the award space you want and then call Aeromexico to book many awards over the phone.
Citi ThankYou point-earning cards include:
- Citi Prestige® Card
- Citi Premier℠ Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- Citi Rewards+℠ Student Card
- AT&T Access Card from Citi
- Citi® Double Cash Card (via a linked ThankYou account)
- AT&T Access More Mastercard from Citi (no longer available for new sign-ups, but product transfers are still possible)
The information for the Citi Prestige, Citi Premier, AT&T Access Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
While this isn’t the most exciting addition we have ever seen, our fingers are crossed for some nice transfer bonuses down the road and more transfer options are always a good thing. If you need additional Premier Club miles, the program is also a transfer partner of Amex Membership Rewards and Capital One. Here are additional tips for redeeming Citi ThankYou points.
Featured image by Wyatt Smith / The Points Guy
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee