New 25% Citi ThankYou transfer bonus to Qantas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
If you collect Citi ThankYou Rewards and have points stashed, listen up because you’re in luck.
From now through Feb. 22, 2020, targeted members who transfer Citi ThankYou points to Qantas will receive a 25% bonus. That means that the normal transfer rate of 1:1 will now net you 1:1.25. TPG Senior Editor Jasmin Baron on her Citi Prestige® Card.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
While Qantas might not be an airline you fly regularly, it’s important to remember that it’s is a member of the Oneworld alliance. That means you can use Qantas points to book award travel on partners such as American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines (and even non-alliance partners like Emirates) This option opens up a huge selection of airlines and award opportunities.
Qantas allows you to use points for seat upgrades as well as hotel stays, and even combine points and cash in its online shopping portal, giving you even more options to find maximum value for your points. The Qantas Frequent Flyer program is interesting because it’s also a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One Miles, and Marriott Bonvoy points.
Note that if you have an immediate need for points, we found that it typically takes two days to transfer Citi points to Qantas.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees