Targeted Citi Prestige cardholders receiving end of year Tiffany gift
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Banks that issue premium credit cards are constantly looking for new ways to retain and excite valuable customers. Lately, Citibank has been showing some Citi Prestige® cardholders how much they appreciate them this year by giving them the opportunity to select a gift from iconic jeweler Tiffany.
The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, carries the Citi Prestige and received a card in the mail inviting him to choose a gift from Tiffany.
After going online with his invitation, Brian’s choices were:
- Chrome Ballpoint Pen
- Crystal Platter
- Old-Fashioned Drinking Glasses
- Tiffany Sheer Eau de Toilette
- Crystal Bowl
- Picture Frame
- Red Wine Glasses
He chose the red wine glasses, because you can never have too many of those.
The Citi Prestige lost some key benefits earlier in the year, including the 4th Night Free perk being limited to two bookings per year and adding further restrictions in how they can booked. In addition, cardholders have seen the annual fee increase from $450 to $495, though if you use the card’s $250 travel credit, the net annual fee is a more reasonable $245. However, Brian is still getting huge value out of the 4th Night Free perk, along with now earning 5 points per dollar on dining. The card isn’t as valuable as it once was, but can still warrant paying the annual fee for the right user.
The Citi Prestige card has definitely taking a beaten in 2019, but if there’s a Citi Prestige card in your wallet, you’ll want to keep an eye on the mail to see if you were lucky enough to get chosen for this offer. A Tiffany blue box showing up on your doorstep might create some short-term good feelings about your Citi Prestige. Just make sure you’re realistic about the card’s remaining benefits.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee