This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Citi Premier Card is now offering a 60,000-point sign-up bonus — if you get the card through a referral from friends or family.
To send a referral link, current Citi Premier card holders will need a friend or family member’s email address. The referral offer is good for 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 within the first four months of account opening. If your friend or family member signs up through your link, you’ll also get 10,000 bonus points. The annual fee is waived for the first year — the same you’ll find with the public offer.
The public sign-up bonus on the Citi Premier Card is 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after spending $4,000 within the first three months of account opening. With the card, you’ll earn 3x points on travel including gas stations, 2x points on dining out and entertainment as well as 1x points on all other purchases. The points are transferable to Citi’s airline partners or can be redeemed through the ThankYou Travel Center. There are no foreign transaction fees with the card, and it comes with an annual fee of $95, which is waived for the first 12 months.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 60,000 bonus points are worth $1,020, as opposed to the public offer, which is worth $850. And the 10,000 bonus points the referrer gets are worth $170.
As a reminder, TPG does not allow readers to post referral links in the comment section.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3X Points on Travel, Including Gas Stations
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment
- Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases
- 50,000 Points are redeemable for $625 in airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou® Travel Center, or $500 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- Points Transfer allows you to transfer points to participating airline loyalty programs
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases*