Citi cardholders: Earn up to 6x on hotels and car rentals with this limited-time promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
Citi announced that until the end of this year, you could earn 3 additional ThankYou points per dollar spent on hotel and car rentals when booked through the Citi ThankYou portal. This promotion is eligible for cardholders of the Citi Rewards+® Card, the Citi ThankYou Preferred Credit Card (no longer available to new applicants) or the Citi Premier® Card.
The information for the Citi ThankYou Preferred has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Let’s take a quick look at the rewards rates on these cards and how this promotion factors into a great return.
|Citi ThankYou Preferred (no longer available to new applicants)||
This promotion is the best deal for Citi Premier cardholders, with a whopping 10.2% return on these purchases. If you don’t already have the Citi Premier, it comes with the best sign-up bonus it’s ever offered: 80,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
There’s no need to sign up or register for this promotion. If you’re a cardholder of any of these three cards, simply shop away through the Citi ThankYou portal and earn these bonus points through Dec. 31, 2021.
Official application link: Citi Rewards+ with a limited-time offer 20,000-point sign-up bonus after spending $1,500 in purchases in the first three months of account opening.
Official application link: Citi Premier with an 80,000-point sign-up bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months of account opening.
Featured photo by John Gribben for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees