Here’s what Cincinnati airport’s new Escape lounge looks like
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new lounge at an airport where lounges were lacking. The Escape Lounge CVG just opened in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, airside in Concourse B, next to Gate B21.
The lounge was originally going to be opened on October 1, but began operating on Thursday. Cincinnati (CVG) also has a Delta SkyClub and a smaller lounge, The Club at CVG; two lounges were clearly not enough for an airport with almost 9 million passengers a year.
Escape Lounges are part of the Global Lounge Collection℠ from American Express, which are open to all travelers. The standard entry fee is $45 plus tax per traveler, while The Platinum Card® from American Express members receive complimentary access for themselves and up to two additional guests at all US locations.
As with all Escape Lounges, guests entering the new CVG location will have access to unlimited quantities of hot and cold foods; premium beverages; plush seating with plenty of power outlets; complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi; up-to-the-second flight information and print media.
Each Escape Lounge features food hand-selected by a local chef. CVG’s culinary curator is Alfio Gulisano, owner and chef of locally celebrated restaurants such as Butcher & Barrel, Ché and Alfio’s Buon Cibo. Unfortunately, this lounge doesn’t offer bathrooms, so patrons will have to step back into the airport to access a restroom.
The Cincinnati Escape Lounge is the brand’s 11th major location. The Escape Lounges are located in Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP); Oakland International Airport (OAK); Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO); Bradley International Airport (BDL); Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP); Ontario International Airport (ONT) Terminals 2 and 4; T.F. Green Airport (PVD); and Sacramento International Airport (SMF) Terminals A and B. A twelfth location in Phoenix-Sky Harbor (PHX) opening in Fall 2019.
Lounge reservations can be made online at EscapeLounges.com prior to arrival, and will receive a $5 discount.
All images courtesy of Escape Lounges.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee