Chrissy Teigen Really Wants to Curate Your InFlight Menu — and This Airline Might Let Her
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
At about 8am ET Monday morning, life as we know it was changed forever. Why, you ask? Because AvGeek extraordinaire, my Queen of the Universe, Chrissy Teigen, went on yet another epic aviation Twitter spree.
This time, it wasn’t about a flight to nowhere — instead, she had some things to say about something we all know and love: airline food. But don’t worry, this one has a happy ending.
It all started with this little gem of a tweet:
Unsure what airline executive decided it was a good idea to add shrimp to avocado toast, but I have some questions for them. First of all, why? Second of all, don’t you know that’s why millennials aren’t buying houses? Because they’re too busy sitting in first class, eating avocado toast? Thank you, next.
A few minutes later, Chrissy followed up with this:
The real question, though, is what about plain shrimp? I’ll see myself out.
And now, for the moment we’ve all been waiting for. The second that the Earth, the moon and the stars aligned…
Yes, a good time indeed, Christine. A Chrissy-inspired airline menu sounds like something out of our wildest dreams — and seeing as how we are, you know, The Points Guy, and do write about aviation on occasion (wink), we decided to take matters into our own hands. Call us Chrissy-curated Cupid.
Next thing we know, this wonderful, magical exchange happened:
Yes, finally! Airlines actually giving the people what they want. No, really:
Like I said: What. They. Want.
Now, I’d like to think that this exchange was due to our tweet earlier in the morning (courtesy of yours truly), so we’re just going to put it out there that we volunteer to taste taste these super gooey Biscoff brownies whenever they’re, ahem, ready to take off. Until then, we’ll just be sitting here, mouths watering, bags packed and ready to go.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.