This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to travel somewhere that averages 72 degrees in September? It used to be that you’d have to search travel guidebooks to find the perfect location, but then you’d be left to figure out how to get there. Then, the internet came along and it became as simple as Googling “destination that’s 72 degrees in September.” But, even that’s not a perfect way to find your Goldilocks destination, as you’ll still have to figure out how to get there cheaply.
Well, fret no more. Starting this week, Norwegian’s new route map lets you find the perfect destination in its network for even your most particular temperature desires. Even better, the map shows you just how much it’ll cost to get there.
The easy-to-use route map makes it fun and simple to explore destinations from a set departure point and month based on budget, temperate and/or category of destination (i.e. City Breaks, Europe, French Caribbean, Scandinavia or Ski & Snow).
Say you’re in Orlando and just can’t stand those pesky moderate winters. How about a “Ski & Snow” destination that’s under 40 degrees in December and costs less than $300 to fly to (one-way)? Yeah, you’ve got options:
For domestic destinations and other locations that Norwegian doesn’t fly to, Google’s Explore Map is going to be your best bet for flight searching and filtering. While you can’t narrow by specific temperature, you can narrow by a range of interests, prices, stops, airlines, times, flight duration and more.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Featured image by kasto80 / Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees