This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to book a summer vacation rental? If so, you may be able to pick up some Choice points along with your rental through Choice’s latest promotion. During this promotion, you can get 25,000 Choice points — which TPG’s latest valuation values at $150 — when you book a vacation rental reservation of three nights or more. You need to book by May 31, use the promo code SPRING25K and stay by Aug. 31.
This promotion applies to all properties on ChoiceVacationRentals.com that are booked when you are logged in to your Choice Privileges account and that are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points. Examples of stays that wouldn’t earn Choice points, and hence also aren’t eligible for this promotion, are properties below $40 per night, stays booked through third party online retailers and complimentary rooms. The terms and conditions note that you won’t be eligible for other Vacation Rentals by Choice Hotels bonus point offers during the time period of this promotion — so make sure this offer is the one you want to earn points through before booking.
The points you earn through this promotion will be deposited into your Choice Privileges account within four weeks of your stay. The promotion’s terms and conditions note that the offer is only available for Choice Privileges members who received the offer by email, so check for an email with “YOU Deserve a Vacation AND 25,000 Bonus Points” in the title before booking to ensure you are eligible. You must be a US or Canadian resident in order to earn points through this promotion.
There are Choice Vacation Rentals all across the country, and oftentimes rates are comparable with Airbnb properties. But, since the taxes and fees can be high, be sure to check all the way through to see the final price before deciding whether booking a Choice Vacation Rental is a good deal — even with the 25,000 Choice bonus points.
Plus, remember that Choice Vacation rentals are also bookable with Choice points, which can be transferred from American Express Membership Rewards points, bought during frequent sales and earned during promotions. But, generally you won’t get a good value for your points and will do better booking with cash.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo of the Kingston Plantation Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC, courtesy of Choice Hotels Vacation Rentals.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards