Get 25k Choice Points When You Book a Vacation Rental This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to book a summer vacation rental? If so, you may be able to pick up some Choice points along with your rental through Choice’s latest promotion. During this promotion, you can get 25,000 Choice points — which TPG’s latest valuation values at $150 — when you book a vacation rental reservation of three nights or more. You need to book by May 31, use the promo code SPRING25K and stay by Aug. 31.
This promotion applies to all properties on ChoiceVacationRentals.com that are booked when you are logged in to your Choice Privileges account and that are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points. Examples of stays that wouldn’t earn Choice points, and hence also aren’t eligible for this promotion, are properties below $40 per night, stays booked through third party online retailers and complimentary rooms. The terms and conditions note that you won’t be eligible for other Vacation Rentals by Choice Hotels bonus point offers during the time period of this promotion — so make sure this offer is the one you want to earn points through before booking.
The points you earn through this promotion will be deposited into your Choice Privileges account within four weeks of your stay. The promotion’s terms and conditions note that the offer is only available for Choice Privileges members who received the offer by email, so check for an email with “YOU Deserve a Vacation AND 25,000 Bonus Points” in the title before booking to ensure you are eligible. You must be a US or Canadian resident in order to earn points through this promotion.
There are Choice Vacation Rentals all across the country, and oftentimes rates are comparable with Airbnb properties. But, since the taxes and fees can be high, be sure to check all the way through to see the final price before deciding whether booking a Choice Vacation Rental is a good deal — even with the 25,000 Choice bonus points.
Plus, remember that Choice Vacation rentals are also bookable with Choice points, which can be transferred from American Express Membership Rewards points, bought during frequent sales and earned during promotions. But, generally you won’t get a good value for your points and will do better booking with cash.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo of the Kingston Plantation Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC, courtesy of Choice Hotels Vacation Rentals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.