Check Out This Underwater Art Exhibit in the Maldives
The Maldives and underwater fun go hand in hand. The tropical island debuted another reason to move this destination to the top of your travel list.
Visitors can now experience the world’s first semi-submerged art gallery in the largest developed coral lagoon in the Maldives. The Sculpture Coralarium opened in July and is located on the island of Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi and features artwork by the environmental sculptor Jason deCaires Taylor.
The cube-like stainless steel gallery is nearly 20 feet tall and features around 30 pieces of art, some above water, below, and in between depending on tidal levels. The cube walls are designed after natural coral structures in order to let the tides and marine life pass through. The sculptures represent artificial reefs that can host marine species like corals, sponges, hydroids and algae, which can increase the overall reef biomass. Taylor’s sculptures are individually designed using environmentally safe pH neutral materials with textured surfaces like banyan trees and strangler ivy to create homes, marine breeding areas and protective spaces.
Visitors can access the Coralarium through small guided tours where you can snorkel to see the underwater pieces lead by the resort’s resident marine biologists.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.