Check Out Air Tahiti Nui’s New 787 Livery and Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
In March, Air Tahiti Nui announced it would be flying its new Boeing 787 Dreamliner to the US. Now, the airline has unveiled its new livery and pictures of the cabin that it will install on the 787-9.
The airline will start taking delivery of the Dreamliners later this year and will operate a total of four by the end of 2019 — replacing its aging fleet of five Airbus A340s.
We’ve got our first peek at the airline’s new livery, which is decked out in traditional Tahitian colors and art:
And another view from of the front on the ground:
The 787-9 is split into three different cabins with business, premium economy and economy.
Comparable to other 787s, the premium economy cabin features 32 Zodiac 535 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. You’ll have a reasonable 38 inches of pitch and footrests to boot.
And the back of the plane will feature 232 seats in economy laid out in a 3-3-3 configuration — similar to many other 787 seating arrangements. Seats will have 79 centimeters of pitch, the airline said, which roughly converts to 31 inches.
Renderings of the economy and premium economy seats show large IFE screens which should make the flying experience a little more enjoyable. Everyone on board will receive an amenity kit too.
Flights to the US on the new aircraft will launch on November 7 from Papeete (PPT) to Los Angeles (LAX), operating three times a week.
Air Tahiti Nui allow flyers to redeem American Advantage miles for flights. When flying from the US, it will cost you 40,000 miles for a one-way ticket in economy and 80,000 miles one-way in business. Premium economy rates are not currently available. You can also earn American miles when flying on a cash fare on the carrier.
Two of the Citi American Airlines cards are currently offering sign-up bonuses of: 50,000 miles for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard after $2,500 in spend in the first three months. The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® will net you 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
Featured image courtesy of Air Tahiti Nui.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.