This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard
In March, Air Tahiti Nui announced it would be flying its new Boeing 787 Dreamliner to the US. Now, the airline has unveiled its new livery and pictures of the cabin that it will install on the 787-9.
The airline will start taking delivery of the Dreamliners later this year and will operate a total of four by the end of 2019 — replacing its aging fleet of five Airbus A340s.
We’ve got our first peek at the airline’s new livery, which is decked out in traditional Tahitian colors and art:
And another view from of the front on the ground:
The 787-9 is split into three different cabins with business, premium economy and economy.
Comparable to other 787s, the premium economy cabin features 32 Zodiac 535 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. You’ll have a reasonable 38 inches of pitch and footrests to boot.
And the back of the plane will feature 232 seats in economy laid out in a 3-3-3 configuration — similar to many other 787 seating arrangements. Seats will have 79 centimeters of pitch, the airline said, which roughly converts to 31 inches.
Renderings of the economy and premium economy seats show large IFE screens which should make the flying experience a little more enjoyable. Everyone on board will receive an amenity kit too.
Flights to the US on the new aircraft will launch on November 7 from Papeete (PPT) to Los Angeles (LAX), operating three times a week.
Air Tahiti Nui allow flyers to redeem American Advantage miles for flights. When flying from the US, it will cost you 40,000 miles for a one-way ticket in economy and 80,000 miles one-way in business. Premium economy rates are not currently available. You can also earn American miles when flying on a cash fare on the carrier.
Two of the Citi American Airlines cards currently have increased sign-up bonuses: 50,000 miles for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard after $2,500 in spend in the first three months. The CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard will net you 70,000 miles after $4,000 in spend in first four months.
Featured image courtesy of Air Tahiti Nui.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards