This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In March, Air Tahiti Nui announced it would be flying its new Boeing 787 Dreamliner to the US. Now, the airline has unveiled its new livery and pictures of the cabin that it will install on the 787-9.
The airline will start taking delivery of the Dreamliners later this year and will operate a total of four by the end of 2019 — replacing its aging fleet of five Airbus A340s.
We’ve got our first peek at the airline’s new livery, which is decked out in traditional Tahitian colors and art:
And another view from of the front on the ground:
The 787-9 is split into three different cabins with business, premium economy and economy.
Comparable to other 787s, the premium economy cabin features 32 Zodiac 535 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. You’ll have a reasonable 38 inches of pitch and footrests to boot.
And the back of the plane will feature 232 seats in economy laid out in a 3-3-3 configuration — similar to many other 787 seating arrangements. Seats will have 79 centimeters of pitch, the airline said, which roughly converts to 31 inches.
Renderings of the economy and premium economy seats show large IFE screens which should make the flying experience a little more enjoyable. Everyone on board will receive an amenity kit too.
Flights to the US on the new aircraft will launch on November 7 from Papeete (PPT) to Los Angeles (LAX), operating three times a week.
Air Tahiti Nui allow flyers to redeem American Advantage miles for flights. When flying from the US, it will cost you 40,000 miles for a one-way ticket in economy and 80,000 miles one-way in business. Premium economy rates are not currently available. You can also earn American miles when flying on a cash fare on the carrier.
Two of the Citi American Airlines cards currently have increased sign-up bonuses: 60,000 miles for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard after $3,000 in spend in the first three months. The CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard will net you 70,000 miles after $4,000 in spend in first four months.
Featured image courtesy of Air Tahiti Nui.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees