Rent a camper van from $1 and hit the road this holiday season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pack up your bags and get ready for the cheapest road trip of your life because imoova is offering relocation rentals from $1 (including deals in Australia and New Zealand if you’re feeling adventurous).
Whether you’re going to visit family in a different state for the holidays or just want to take a road trip, this service could be a real money saver. So how does it work? Rather than paying drivers to relocate rentals, imoova will essentially pay you to do it for a $1 charge per day. Additional inclusions include a preset amount for gas, toll roads and other extras but it depends on the route. There will also be a $25 booking fee, but considering the other discounts on these “rentals,” it’s still a great deal when compared to the typical rental price of camper vans.
Availability: U.S. (through imoova)
Cost: $1+ per day, plus a $25 booking fee
Dates: November – December 2019 depending on route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of what you can book:
San Francisco, CA to Los Angeles, CA including $100 fuel refund:
Las Vegas, NV to San Francisco, CA including $100 fuel refund:
Las Vegas, NV to Dallas, TX including $200 fuel refund:
Using the right credit card is important when renting a car because some cards provide primary car rental coverage. Unfortunately, most credit cards that include primary car rental coverage — including the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which is a go-to card when renting vehicles — explicitly exclude recreational vehicles.
Even if you have a credit card that provides car rental insurance when renting an RV, remember that this insurance usually only covers damage to the vehicle you rent. You’ll still want to make certain that your personal car insurance or other insurance covers liability for damage caused to other cars and personal property as well as injuries to people involved in an accident.
Citi cards used to be a great option for RV rentals in the US and primary abroad, but as of September 22, 2019 this coverage has ended. However, the Citi Premier® Card still offers 3x earning at gas stations which may make you keep it around.
Featured photo by Stanislaw Pytel/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.