Rent a camper van from $1 and hit the road this holiday season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pack up your bags and get ready for the cheapest road trip of your life because imoova is offering relocation rentals from $1 (including deals in Australia and New Zealand if you’re feeling adventurous).
Whether you’re going to visit family in a different state for the holidays or just want to take a road trip, this service could be a real money saver. So how does it work? Rather than paying drivers to relocate rentals, imoova will essentially pay you to do it for a $1 charge per day. Additional inclusions include a preset amount for gas, toll roads and other extras but it depends on the route. There will also be a $25 booking fee, but considering the other discounts on these “rentals,” it’s still a great deal when compared to the typical rental price of camper vans.
Availability: U.S. (through imoova)
Cost: $1+ per day, plus a $25 booking fee
Dates: November – December 2019 depending on route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of what you can book:
San Francisco, CA to Los Angeles, CA including $100 fuel refund:
Las Vegas, NV to San Francisco, CA including $100 fuel refund:
Las Vegas, NV to Dallas, TX including $200 fuel refund:
Using the right credit card is important when renting a car because some cards provide primary car rental coverage. Unfortunately, most credit cards that include primary car rental coverage — including the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which is a go-to card when renting vehicles — explicitly exclude recreational vehicles.
Even if you have a credit card that provides car rental insurance when renting an RV, remember that this insurance usually only covers damage to the vehicle you rent. You’ll still want to make certain that your personal car insurance or other insurance covers liability for damage caused to other cars and personal property as well as injuries to people involved in an accident.
Citi cards used to be a great option for RV rentals in the US and primary abroad, but as of September 22, 2019 this coverage has ended. However, the Citi Premier® Card still offers 3x earning at gas stations which may make you keep it around.
Featured photo by Stanislaw Pytel/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees