Chase launches bonuses with up to 7x points on select travel and business cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with a list of eligible cards, including business card limited-time bonuses.
Since May, we’ve seen dozens of limited-time credit card perks and benefits come (and go). Coronavirus has upended our typical spending habits, and card issuers have taken note.
This latest round of category bonuses is aimed squarely at select Chase cardholders — both consumer and business cards. This time, select cobranded and business cardholders will receive up to 7x on groceries, gas and (in some cases) dining purchases.
For the latest card benefit changes and travel advice during COVID-19, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Of course, this is far from Chase’s first foray into pandemic-related perks.
In the last several weeks alone, the issuer has made two other announcements to entice cardholders to keep spending — even while staying closer to home. Chase added new perks and bonuses on gas, streaming and Instacart for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve. Additionally, select Chase Marriott cardholders can earn 10x points on dining and gas for a limited time.
Related reading: Complete guide to coronavirus card benefit changes
Bonus on Chase consumer cards
Many Chase consumer cobranded travel cards have been targeted for this latest limited-time offer. Some cards are receiving up to 7x (with most receiving 5x) on groceries and gas, for up to $1,500 in combined purchases per month. Select cards also include dining as a temporary elevated bonus category.
The promotion runs from Aug. 1, 2020, through Sept. 30, 2020, and requires activation. If you have any of these cards below, check to see if you have been targeted.
Additionally, other cards that are no longer open to new applicants may also be targeted. The best piece of advice is if you have a cobranded Chase card, check to see if you have a bonus on it.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card
- United Explorer Card
- United Club Infinite Card
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card*
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card*
- Iberia Visa Signature® Card*
*Note that these airline cards may also include a bonus on dining in addition to gas and groceries. Check the status of your offer here.
TPG’s Summer Hull received this offer for 7x United miles on her United Club Infinite card. According to TPG valuations, that’s worth 9.1 cents per dollar spent — and easily rockets that card to be one of the best for groceries and gas.
Bonus on Chase business cards
There are also limited-time category bonuses for select Chase business credit cards.
From Aug. 1, 2020, to Oct. 31, 2020, select Chase business cards will be automatically eligible (no registration required) to earn 5 total points or miles on each dollar spent on shipping and advertising purchases made on social media and search engines on up to $10,000 spent in combined purchases.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Business Credit Card*
*No longer open to new applicants
^The information for these cards have been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Another round of limited-time bonuses have arrived for select Chase cardholders — it is certainly worth a few seconds of your time to check if you’ve been targeted.
If your travel or business card isn’t being used right now, that doesn’t mean it’s completely useless. By earning extra bonus points on these cards now, you’ll be well equipped for travel when the time comes.
Related reading: A guide to navigating COVID card bonuses and benefits
Featured photo by Maria Savenko/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 2 points per $1 on Southwest and Rapid Rewards car and hotel purchases and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases. This card also comes with an annual $75 travel credit.
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
- $75 Southwest® travel credit each year.
- 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available.
- 20% back on in-flight drinks and WiFi.
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases and your points never expire.
- No foreign transaction fees.