Chase Becomes Latest Issuer to Let Users Lock and Unlock Credit Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Not to be confused with the new ability to freeze your credit for free, Chase is joining the ranks of American Express, Discover and Wells Fargo by launching a lock/unlock feature of its own. The lock/unlock feature will allow customers to “quickly lock or unlock their credit card right from their phones through the Chase Mobile app or by computer via chase.com to instantly block new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.”
It’s being implemented to create a sense of calm if and when a user loses their card, and once the card is located (curse those couch cushions!), customers can unlock it via the Chase Mobile app or chase.com. Locking the card does not affect automatic payments, so there are no disruptions to recurring charges. If the card is not found, customers can request a new card right away.
The feature should be coming online now for credit card holders, while debit card holders will have access to the feature “later this year.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.