Chase Becomes Latest Issuer to Let Users Lock and Unlock Credit Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Not to be confused with the new ability to freeze your credit for free, Chase is joining the ranks of American Express, Discover and Wells Fargo by launching a lock/unlock feature of its own. The lock/unlock feature will allow customers to “quickly lock or unlock their credit card right from their phones through the Chase Mobile app or by computer via chase.com to instantly block new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.”
It’s being implemented to create a sense of calm if and when a user loses their card, and once the card is located (curse those couch cushions!), customers can unlock it via the Chase Mobile app or chase.com. Locking the card does not affect automatic payments, so there are no disruptions to recurring charges. If the card is not found, customers can request a new card right away.
The feature should be coming online now for credit card holders, while debit card holders will have access to the feature “later this year.”
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.