This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Not to be confused with the new ability to freeze your credit for free, Chase is joining the ranks of American Express, Discover and Wells Fargo by launching a lock/unlock feature of its own. The lock/unlock feature will allow customers to “quickly lock or unlock their credit card right from their phones through the Chase Mobile app or by computer via chase.com to instantly block new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.”
It’s being implemented to create a sense of calm if and when a user loses their card, and once the card is located (curse those couch cushions!), customers can unlock it via the Chase Mobile app or chase.com. Locking the card does not affect automatic payments, so there are no disruptions to recurring charges. If the card is not found, customers can request a new card right away.
The feature should be coming online now for credit card holders, while debit card holders will have access to the feature “later this year.”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees