Chase adds free DashPass food delivery for select cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase just launched a very interesting new promotion in partnership with DoorDash, offering discounts on the company’s DashPass unlimited delivery program.
For $9.99 per month, DashPass customers receive lower service fees and free delivery on all orders of more than $12. According to the company, members save an average of between $4 and $5 per order. The fee is normally waived for all customers for the first month, but now select Chase cardholders will get a significant discount for a minimum of one year. Some Chase cardholders get it for free.
You can activate the offer by visiting the website here or you can download the DoorDash app.
There’s a good chance you’ll be able to take advantage, since four of the eligible cards make our list of Chase’s best cards of the year, including:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best for dining and travel
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best overall mid-tier card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: Best for non-bonus spending
- Chase Freedom®: Best for rotating bonus categories
Both Sapphire-branded cards offer free DashPass for at least one year, while the Freedom cards above will get you three months for free and then a 50% discount for at least one year. You’ll also be eligible for that latter offer with the Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card, along with Chase Slate®.
To register, simply add your eligible card to the DoorDash app and click to add the offer, anytime between today and Dec. 31, 2021. Customers will receive a minimum of one year, with service guaranteed through 2021.
In other words, if you register today, you’ll receive DashPass through Dec. 31, 2021. If you register on the last day, Dec. 31, 2021, you’ll still get a year of service — you won’t be charged a monthly fee until 2023. Just be sure to add a calendar reminder so you can reevaluate — otherwise after the first year, the DashPass may renew at the full $9.99 monthly price.
Unfortunately, the $120 in annual dining credits you’ll receive with the American Express® Gold Card only cover DoorDash competitors GrubHub and Seamless. You can, however, pair DashPass with DoorDash’s new customer offer that gives you $15 to spend between your first three orders when you sign up using TPG’s referral link.
Featured photo by Eric Helgas/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees