Chase adds free DashPass food delivery for select cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase just launched a very interesting new promotion in partnership with DoorDash, offering discounts on the company’s DashPass unlimited delivery program.
For $9.99 per month, DashPass customers receive lower service fees and free delivery on all orders of more than $12. According to the company, members save an average of between $4 and $5 per order. The fee is normally waived for all customers for the first month, but now select Chase cardholders will get a significant discount for a minimum of one year. Some Chase cardholders get it as a complimentary benefit.
You can activate the offer by visiting the website here or you can download the DoorDash app.
There’s a good chance you’ll be able to take advantage, since four of the eligible cards make our list of Chase’s best cards of the year, including:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best for dining and travel
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best overall mid-tier card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: Best for non-bonus spending
- Chase Freedom®: (No longer open to new applicants) Best for rotating bonus categories
The information for the Chase Freedom has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Both Sapphire-branded cards offer complimentary DashPass for at least one year, while the Freedom cards above will get you three months and then a 50% discount for at least one year. You’ll also be eligible for that latter offer with the Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card, along with Chase Slate®.
To register, simply add your eligible card to the DoorDash app and click to add the offer, anytime between today and Dec. 31, 2021. Customers will receive a minimum of one year, with service guaranteed through 2021.
In other words, if you register today, you’ll receive DashPass through Dec. 31, 2021. If you register on the last day, Dec. 31, 2021, you’ll still get a year of service — you won’t be charged a monthly fee until 2023. Just be sure to add a calendar reminder so you can reevaluate — otherwise after the first year, the DashPass may renew at the full $9.99 monthly price.
Unfortunately, the $120 in annual dining credits you’ll receive with the American Express® Gold Card only cover DoorDash competitors GrubHub and Seamless. You can, however, pair DashPass with DoorDash’s new customer offer that gives you $15 to spend between your first three orders when you sign up using TPG’s referral link.
Featured photo by Eric Helgas/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.