Targeted: Earn 500 bonus points with your contactless Chase Visa card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Chase has come out with a new promotion for its cardholders, offering 500 points to customers who use its relatively new tap to pay feature. For the uninitiated, contactless cards allow customers to simply pull out their credit card and hold it up to a compatible terminal, which then reads and processes the card via an embedded chip. This eliminates the need to either swipe or insert your card in order to complete your transaction.
Thus far, it appears that the promotion is valid for a few different Chase Visa cards, though be sure to check your email to see if any of your cards are eligible. Here are the details of the offer:
- Earn 500 points when you use your contactless Chase Visa for three transactions totaling $1.75 or more.
- Offer valid from Nov. 20 to Dec. 31, 2019
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
That’s it! No need to register, and all you need to do is use your Chase contactless card at checkout. Several TPG staffers were targeted for this offer, with different cards: The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, the United Club℠ Infinite Card and the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants). Despite my gratuitous amount of Chase credit cards, I was unfortunately not targeted. I attribute this my already frequent use of contactless payment via Google Pay.
TPG values Chase Ultimate Rewards at 2.0 cents each, so being able to earn an additional 500 points (worth $10 by our valuations) on three small transactions is great return on spend. The same goes for Hyatt points, valued at 1.7 cents each (500 points = $8.50), and United Airlines miles, valued at 1.3 cents each (500 points = $6.50). Though 500 points isn’t a huge amount, any little bit counts — and there’s no easier way than simply tapping your credit card instead of swiping it.
Featured photo by jacoblund/Getty Images.
This post has been updated to reflect additional World Elite Mastercards that are offering these perks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.