Targeted: Earn 500 bonus points with your contactless Chase Visa card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Chase has come out with a new promotion for its cardholders, offering 500 points to customers who use its relatively new tap to pay feature. For the uninitiated, contactless cards allow customers to simply pull out their credit card and hold it up to a compatible terminal, which then reads and processes the card via an embedded chip. This eliminates the need to either swipe or insert your card in order to complete your transaction.
Thus far, it appears that the promotion is valid for a few different Chase Visa cards, though be sure to check your email to see if any of your cards are eligible. Here are the details of the offer:
- Earn 500 points when you use your contactless Chase Visa for three transactions totaling $1.75 or more.
- Offer valid from Nov. 20 to Dec. 31, 2019
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
That’s it! No need to register, and all you need to do is use your Chase contactless card at checkout. Several TPG staffers were targeted for this offer, with different cards: The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, the United Club℠ Card and the Chase Freedom (though other cards may be eligible too). Despite my gratuitous amount of Chase credit cards, I was unfortunately not targeted. I attribute this my already frequent use of contactless payment via Google Pay.
The information for the United Club card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
TPG values Chase Ultimate Rewards at 2.0 cents each, so being able to earn an additional 500 points (worth $10 by our valuations) on three small transactions is great return on spend. The same goes for Hyatt points, valued at 1.7 cents each (500 points = $8.50), and United Airlines miles, valued at 1.3 cents each (500 points = $6.50). Though 500 points isn’t a huge amount, any little bit counts — and there’s no easier way than simply tapping your credit card instead of swiping it.
Featured photo by jacoblund/Getty Images.
This post has been updated to reflect additional World Elite Mastercards that are offering these perks.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees