Targeted: Earn 1,000 bonus points with your contactless Chase card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase has come out with a new promotion for some cardholders, offering bonus points for using its tap-to-pay feature. For the uninitiated, this is when you simply pull out your credit card and hold it up to a compatible terminal, which then reads and processes the card via an embedded chip. This eliminates the need to either swipe or insert your card in order to complete your transaction.
Now through Nov. 30, targeted Chase cardholders are being offered 1,000 bonus points when they tap-to-pay using their contactless cards at least three times on purchases of $3.35 or more.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of now, we have seen the offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card and World of Hyatt Credit Card. However, it’s possible that Chase is offering similar bonuses on other contactless cards as well so be sure to check your email to see if any of your cards are eligible.
Here are the details of the offer:
- Earn 1,000 points when you use your contactless Chase Visa for three transactions totaling $3.35 or more.
- Offer valid from Sept. 1 to Nov. 30, 2021
That’s it! No need to register, and all you need to do is use your Chase contactless card at checkout. If you’re targeted for this offer and fulfill the requirements, you can expect the bonus points to post to your account within six to eight weeks.
TPG values Chase Ultimate Rewards points at 2 cents each, so being able to earn an additional 1,000 points is worth $20, which is pretty solid. The same goes for Hyatt points, valued at 1.7 cents each (1,000 points = $17), and IHG points at 0.5 cents each (1,000 points = $5).
While 1,000 points might not seem like a huge amount, free points are free points and every little bit counts. No enrollment is necessary for targeted cardholders — just tap and pay.
If you received a similar offer for another contactless card, please feel free to forward it to us at email@example.com
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson
Featured photo by jacoblund/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees