Targeted: Earn 500 bonus points with your contactless Chase Visa card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Chase has come out with a new promotion for its cardholders, offering 500 points to customers who use its relatively new tap to pay feature. For the uninitiated, contactless cards allow customers to simply pull out their credit card and hold it up to a compatible terminal, which then reads and processes the card via an embedded chip. This eliminates the need to either swipe or insert your card in order to complete your transaction.
Thus far, it appears that the promotion is valid for a few different Chase Visa cards, though be sure to check your email to see if any of your cards are eligible. Here are the details of the offer:
- Earn 500 points when you use your contactless Chase Visa for three transactions totaling $1.75 or more.
- Offer valid from Nov. 20 to Dec. 31, 2019
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
That’s it! No need to register, and all you need to do is use your Chase contactless card at checkout. Several TPG staffers were targeted for this offer, with different cards: the World Of Hyatt Credit Card, the United Club℠ Infinite Card and the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants). Despite my gratuitous amount of Chase credit cards, I was unfortunately not targeted. I attribute this my already frequent use of contactless payment via Google Pay.
TPG values Chase Ultimate Rewards at 2.0 cents each, so being able to earn an additional 500 points (worth $10 by our valuations) on three small transactions is great return on spend. The same goes for Hyatt points, valued at 1.7 cents each (500 points = $8.50), and United Airlines miles, valued at 1.3 cents each (500 points = $6.50). Though 500 points isn’t a huge amount, any little bit counts — and there’s no easier way than simply tapping your credit card instead of swiping it.
Featured photo by jacoblund/Getty Images.
This post has been updated to reflect additional World Elite Mastercards that are offering these perks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees