Jump on these travel-related Chase, Citi and Amex Offers before they disappear
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Are you familiar with Amex Offers, Chase Offers and Citi Merchant Offers? These are opportunities for select cardholders to save money on qualifying purchases (that you were going to make anyway) with popular brands across travel, dining, shopping and entertainment.
In short, these are programs that provide statement credits when you use your eligible card for select purchases, just for spending with select merchants. Once you add them to your card, they’ll activate automatically when you fulfill their requirement.
New to The Points Guy? Want to learn more about credit card points and miles? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
There are lots of travel-related offers at the moment across all three card issuers. Whether you’ve got a card issued by American Express, Chase or Citi, check your offers to see if any fit into your upcoming travel plans.
Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LXR
Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LXR are Hilton’s luxury hotel brands. If you’ve planned a fancy stay (or been looking for an excuse to do so), check your Amex cards for an offer of $100 back after spending $500+ on room rate and room charges through Dec. 31, 2021.
Rental car prices are astronomical at the moment. A way to avoid this surge pricing is through peer-to-peer car-sharing service Turo. You’ll get a one-time $30 statement credit after spending a minimum of $150 in one or more transactions directly with Turo. You’ll have to pay by Dec. 31, 2021 — though you should be able to book your car further into the future. Turo takes payment immediately upon booking.
Marriott Homes and Villas
Marriott Homes and Villas is a luxury Airbnb competitor of sorts. Not only are the properties stunning, but you’ll earn Marriott points and elite night credits, too. Through Sept. 24, 2021, you’ll receive a $200 statement credit after spending $1,000+ in one or more transactions.
Kimpton and InterContinental Hotels are IHG’s high-end hotel brands. When you spend $300+ on room rate and room charges, you’ll get $60 back. This offer expires on Oct. 18, 2021.
Best Western hotels aren’t the first option for many of us in the points and miles hobby, but they’re notoriously great options for visiting smaller towns and less-than-Instagrammable destinations. They are also handy for road warriors. When you spend $100+, you’ll get $20 back through Sept. 20, 2021.
Hilton Hotels, Curio Collection & Canopy
Between these three Hilton brands, you’ll have 700+ hotels to choose from. You’ll receive a one-time $50 statement credit after spending a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions on room rate and room charges, through Oct. 31, 2021.
The luxury rental car service that only rents silver Audis currently has a fantastic Amex Offer of a $100 statement credit after spending a minimum of $500 in one or more transactions online by Oct. 6, 2021. Silvercar is often quite expensive but compared to the standard rental car rates nowadays, this could be one of the best ways to save money.
Your offers may vary for this particular deal between the following:
- Earn 15% back when you spend $100+ at a Hyatt hotel, with a $38 back maximum
- Earn 10% back when you spend $100+ at a Hyatt hotel, with a $25 back maximum
Both offers expire Oct. 31, 2021
If you fly Southwest with regularity, this offer could be an easy win for you. You’ll earn 10% back when you spend $49+ on Southwest Airlines ticket purchases. There’s a $30 back maximum, which ends on Sept 29, 2021.
Your Carnival offer may vary between the following offers:
- Earn $35 back on your Carnival Cruise purchase when you spend $100 or more
- Earn 10% back on all of your Carnival Cruise purchases when you spend $100 or more until a $56 back maximum is reached
Both offers expire Sept. 26, 2021.
Related: Full guide to Chase Offers
Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express
There are separate offers for both Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, both IHG hotel brands.
The offers for each brand are identical: Earn $20 back when you spend $100+ on your stay with either of these brands. This offer expires Sept. 29, 2021.
One of the most useful offers comes from Uber, as there is no minimum spending to trigger the credit. You’ll receive 30% back on rides, up to $10. This expires Sept. 29, 2021.
Hotel Indigo is a swanky hotel brand of the IHG family. Earn $50 back when you spend $200+ on room rate and room charges. This offer expires Sept. 29, 2021.
Virgin Atlantic is a massive boon to points and miles enthusiasts because of its generous award flight sweet spots. Paying cash for the airline isn’t usually part of the strategy. If you’re looking to pay, you’ll get $50 back on purchases of $500+.
Every bit counts! Many of these offers might seem underwhelming or even inconsequential, but offers add up over time. My wife and I have saved well over $500 this year from Amex Offers alone. It’s an easy method to offset your credit card annual fees little by little with money you’d have spent anyway.
Featured photo by Laura Motta/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees