This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to get in a solid stretch before jetting off on a 16-hour flight from Hong Kong? Well, you’re in luck. Cathay Pacific has just opened a brand new yoga and meditation area in The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). The Sanctuary by Pure Yoga is a 700 square-foot space with two different relaxation zones, one with a focus on yoga and the other on meditation.
The Body Sanctuary, which is dedicated to yoga, offers travelers room to roll out a mat and follow guided videos led by Pure Yoga instructors. There are also secluded spaces for self-practicing Yogis. Unlike a typical yoga studio, guests can grab a chair and follow a written guide on seated stretches, providing travelers with the tools they need to stay comfortable during a long-haul trip.
If downward dog isn’t your thing, the Mind Sanctuary is dedicated to travelers who simply want to clear their head before a flight. Four private pods equipped with iPads and noise-canceling headphones allow for guests to tune out the hustle and bustle of the airport and focus on an audio-guided meditation.
The Mind Sanctuary also features a second form of meditation that focuses on the Trataka yoga practice. The gazing meditation includes comfortable cushions that overlook graphics placed on a wall ahead.
The new addition to the lounge comes after Cathay and Pure Yoga’s collaboration “Travel Well with Yoga,” a series of inflight videos focused on meditation and yoga that rolled out last year. “We’re delighted to extend this fantastic partnership between Pure Yoga and Cathay Pacific, giving people even more chance to feel the benefits of yoga and meditation on their travels.” Pure Group Regional Marketing Director Gary Wise said. “No matter how rushed the trip is, just a few minutes of calm can make all the difference.”
The Sanctuary is open to travelers with access to Cathay Pacific’s Pier Business Class Lounge, as well as Diamond, Gold and Silver Marco Polo Club members and Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon First and Business Class passengers.
In addition to airport yoga, Diamond and Gold Marco Polo Club members arriving in Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon flights are given complimentary one-day access to any Pure Fitness center or a choice of any Pure Yoga class up to 12 times a year.
All images by Cathay Pacific.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees