Cathay Pacific Now Offers a Yoga and Meditation Space at HKG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to get in a solid stretch before jetting off on a 16-hour flight from Hong Kong? Well, you’re in luck. Cathay Pacific has just opened a brand new yoga and meditation area in The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). The Sanctuary by Pure Yoga is a 700 square-foot space with two different relaxation zones, one with a focus on yoga and the other on meditation.
The Body Sanctuary, which is dedicated to yoga, offers travelers room to roll out a mat and follow guided videos led by Pure Yoga instructors. There are also secluded spaces for self-practicing Yogis. Unlike a typical yoga studio, guests can grab a chair and follow a written guide on seated stretches, providing travelers with the tools they need to stay comfortable during a long-haul trip.
If downward dog isn’t your thing, the Mind Sanctuary is dedicated to travelers who simply want to clear their head before a flight. Four private pods equipped with iPads and noise-canceling headphones allow for guests to tune out the hustle and bustle of the airport and focus on an audio-guided meditation.
The Mind Sanctuary also features a second form of meditation that focuses on the Trataka yoga practice. The gazing meditation includes comfortable cushions that overlook graphics placed on a wall ahead.
The new addition to the lounge comes after Cathay and Pure Yoga’s collaboration “Travel Well with Yoga,” a series of inflight videos focused on meditation and yoga that rolled out last year. “We’re delighted to extend this fantastic partnership between Pure Yoga and Cathay Pacific, giving people even more chance to feel the benefits of yoga and meditation on their travels.” Pure Group Regional Marketing Director Gary Wise said. “No matter how rushed the trip is, just a few minutes of calm can make all the difference.”
The Sanctuary is open to travelers with access to Cathay Pacific’s Pier Business Class Lounge, as well as Diamond, Gold and Silver Marco Polo Club members and Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon First and Business Class passengers.
In addition to airport yoga, Diamond and Gold Marco Polo Club members arriving in Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon flights are given complimentary one-day access to any Pure Fitness center or a choice of any Pure Yoga class up to 12 times a year.
All images by Cathay Pacific.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.