Cathay Pacific Adding Mattress Pads and Slippers in Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cathay Pacific business class is about to become even more desirable for frequent flyers. Beginning in October, Cathay Pacific business class passengers aboard long-haul flights will receive mattress pads and slippers, the South China Morning Post reports.
This is not the first time Cathay Pacific business class passengers were offered mattress pads. In 2017, Cathay Pacific rolled out mattress pads for business class passengers as part of a trial run. After a few months, mattress pads were pulled from business class on all Cathay Pacific flights.
Beginning in October, business class passengers on select long-haul flights will receive both mattress pads and slippers. While Cathay Pacific offers one of the best hard products in business class, the airline’s soft product (service and amenities) lags behind its competitors. Cathay Pacific’s recent financial woes only exacerbated the airline’s lackluster business class service.
More recently, Cathay Pacific has managed to turn around its financial troubles. With the airline in a better financial position and demand for air travel in Asia steadily increasing, the airline appears to feel more comfortable adding amenities and services.
While the mattress pads and slippers will be a much-welcomed addition to Cathay Pacific business class, both amenities have long been offered in business and first class by airlines across the globe. Oneworld partner American Airlines offers both amenities to first class passengers on all long-haul flights and to business class passengers on select long-haul routes.
Though Cathay Pacific’s business class product is already quite comfortable, mattress pads significantly improve the comfort of an airline’s product.
Unfortunately, few details are known at the moment about the two services. It is not yet known if Cathay Pacific intends to partner with a brand to offer these new amenities or if the airline will offer generic amenities designed in-house. Photos have yet to be released of either amenity.
Both amenities have long been offered by Cathay Pacific in first class. Both TPG writers and readers consistently rank Cathay Pacific’s first class product as one of the most comfortable seats in the sky when it comes to sleeping on long-haul flights. This is thanks in part to the pillow, linens and mattress pad offered in first class. If Cathay Pacific’s first class bedding is any indication of the future business class amenities, the airline’s business class is set to receive a major enhancement.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Image by JT Genter/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees