Catch a private jet home for the holidays with heavily discounted flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever found yourself stuck in the holiday rush at the airport? You know the one I’m talking about— snaking TSA lines, hundreds of families with carts full of luggage and a handful of harried looking staff trying desperately to check everyone in on time. Have you ever wanted to get away from it all? How about aboard your very own private jet?
If this sounds like your holiday dream come true, you’re in luck, because private jet charter company New Flight Charters is offering heavily discounted tickets on board its empty-leg specials. These flights are made whenever an aircraft needs to move from one location to another without passengers — if, for example, it needs to relocate in order to pick up a scheduled charter. In this case, passengers can book the intermediate flight at a much cheaper rate than normal for a private flight.
A quick look at New Flight Charters empty leg specials page shows tons of flights available over the next month, whether you’re heading to New York or Nassau. Of course, cheap is relative, and while a flight won’t run you the regular $30,000 you’d normally have to shell out, it’ll still cost you a pretty penny:
If you’ve got an avgeek in the family, this could make a really awesome Christmas gift. There are hundreds of flights from which to choose, with listings going all the way to March. The website also specifies that there are too many to list and advises interested parties to call for more flights.
If you do choose to take advantage of this offer, make sure you pay with a credit card that maximizes return on airfare, because there are some serious points earning opportunities here that you won’t want to miss. For example, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is an excellent option, as it offers 3x Ultimate Rewards on all travel. Booking a single flight above (like the $10,500 flight from Detroit to White Plains) will net you 31,500 Ultimate Rewards points. That’s enough for a night at a top-tier Hyatt hotel like the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, whose room rates regularly run into the $2,000+ range per night. Not a bad return!
Be right back, just hopping onboard my Gulfstream V.
Feature photo courtesy of Alberto Riva/ The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more