Carnival replaces Coke with Pepsi, Starbucks products aboard cruise ships
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting in January 2020, Carnival Cruises will replace Coke products with PepsiCo products.
While Pepsi may not pass the test for Coke fanatics, PepsiCo does offer a wide range of products, including Starbucks ready-to-drink coffee, Naked Juice and Pure Leaf tea among others.
The cruise line announced the product change on Nov. 14 to Fox News. Carnival President Christine Duffy shared, “At Carnival Cruise Line, we invite our guests to Choose Fun, and now with PepsiCo’s extensive portfolio of brands, we’re able to give them more ways to choose a beverage that suits their taste, mood and preference.”
Duffy also noted that the two brands share a commitment to sustainability and plan to work together on reducing reliance on plastics and finding alternative ways to serve beverages.
Back in January 2019, TPG looked into the debate of Coke versus Pepsi in the sky and found that only four airlines internationally carried Pepsi products. That number increased to five when JetBlue made the switch in May, making it the only U.S. airline to carry it presently. And now, the debate has taken to the seas with Carnival making the switch.
While I’m personally a Diet Coke fan and simply couldn’t settle for a Diet Pepsi, I understand the change given the range of non-soda products offered by PepsiCo. In a day and age when non-soda options like seltzer are becoming increasingly more popular, this makes sense.
Soda aside, the truth is I’d rather sip a Piña Colada over anything else while cruising — so as long as that’s still an option, I’m unfazed.
Featured photo via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees