Capital One increases welcome bonuses, expands portal access and launches new partnership with Turo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Capital One is making multiple positive changes today. It’s giving more cardholders access to its updated travel portal, and it’s also launching new bonuses and perks on some of its student credit cards will now see additional perks. In addition, select Capital One customers can now earn bonuses on Turo rentals.
Let’s look at each of these in turn to see what these positive changes mean for you.
New to The Points Guy? Sign up for our daily newsletter to learn more about points and miles.
More cardholders have access to Capital One Travel
Last year, Capital One launched a refreshed version of its travel portal. The updated version of Capital One Travel includes a variety of valuable features, including predictive technology powered by Hopper as well as automatic price drop protection (which can offer a partial refund on select flights if they drop in price after booking).
Previously, only cards earning Capital One miles provided access to the new Capital One Travel, but starting today, cardholders of the issuer’s cash-back credit cards now have access — along with enhanced earning rates on the site. This includes the following products:
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Capital One Spark Cash Plus.
- Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card.
Customers with any of these cards will now earn 5% back on hotels and rental cars booked with Capital One Travel, with no limit to earnings or annual caps. Flight bookings are not included in these earnings, unfortunately.
Additionally, you can now redeem your cash-back rewards with Capital One Travel. Redemptions are at a 1:1 ratio, meaning $1 of rewards is worth $1 at Capital One Travel.
The information for the Capital One Savor card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Expanded offers and benefits for students
High school graduation season is nearly upon us, and Capital One is launching some enticing offers for current (and soon-to-be) college students. The issuer’s student cards have elevated sign-up bonuses and can now participate in referrals.
Elevated welcome offers
New applicants for both the Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card can earn $100 after spending $100 or more on the card within the first three months of account opening.
With the SavorOne Student, you can earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding Walmart and Target) and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Plus, cardholders can earn 8% cash back on Vivid Seats through January 2023.
With the Quicksilver Student, you can earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, every day.
Both cards also include these features:
- No annual fee, no foreign transaction fees and no hidden fees.
- Cash back can be redeemed for account credit, paying via PayPal, paying for Amazon purchases, gift cards or used in the Capital One Travel portal.
- Cash back doesn’t expire for the life of the account, and there’s no limit to your earning capabilities.
- Cardholders have access to Capital One Entertainment.
Referral program for student credit cards
Previously, Capital One’s student cards were not part of Capital One’s referral program to earn bonus miles or cash back.
As of today, cardholders of the SavorOne Student and Quicksilver Student (as well as Quicksilver Secured) can now refer friends to earn bonus rewards. Current customers can use this link to check your personalized referral offer.
SavorOne Student and Quicksilver Student cardholders should see an offer of $100 for each person who applies with your referral link and is approved for a card. This person must be a new Capital One customer — not just new to that particular card, but this person cannot have any existing Capital One credit cards.
Terms and conditions apply, and the maximum you can earn from student card referral bonuses is $500 per year.
Bonus earnings on Turo rentals
Finally, Capital One is announcing a new partnership with Turo, the car-sharing service that received a lot of attention over the last year thanks to the ongoing shortage of rental cars.
As of May 17, customers with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card along with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card can earn bonus miles on Turo rentals when renting from turo.com or the Turo app.
Venture X cardholders will earn 10 miles per dollar on rentals, while Venture cardholders will earn 5 miles per dollar. These elevated earning rates will last through May 16, 2023.
There’s a lot of news today from Capital One. The issuer is expanding access to its travel portal, so cash-back card holders can now earn (and redeem) rewards in the updated portal. Additionally, the bank is offering multiple benefits to students, including referrals and increased welcome offers. Meanwhile, both Venture and Venture X customers will now receive extra miles on Turo rentals for at least the next year.
Depending on what cards you have — plus the fact you can combine cash-back earnings with miles — you may have multiple new benefits available to you.
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees