Singapore Hotel Adds $1,000+ Trump-Kim Summit Package
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Naturally, Capella is looking to capitalize on its newfound fame — the already-pricey hotel recently launched a special “Path to Peace” package, which, in the property’s own words, allows guests to “Relive the moment of a new era where the seeds of peace were planted on 12 June 2018.”
While pre-tax base rooms are available starting at about $400 on select dates, when booking a nonrefundable rate, the Path to Peace package includes a stay in a one-bedroom Garden Villa, where nightly rates usually run 920 Singapore dollars (about $675) and up before tax.
The Path to Peace package is priced at 1,150 SGD (about $840), which actually matches the Best Available Rate, with an identical 48-hour cancellation policy.
So, relatively speaking, the package is actually a very good deal — you’re paying the Best Available Rate, but getting a whole lot more for your money, considering what’s included:
- One-bedroom Garden Villa
- Daily breakfast for two
- Lunch or dinner at Cantonese restaurant Cassia
- Private tour of the summit venues
- “Exclusive DPRK-US Summit 2018 Medallion”
One-bedroom Garden Villas measure 1,431 square feet, and feature a private outdoor plunge pool — quite a luxury for a city hotel.
Cassia is generally well reviewed, meanwhile, and while it’s not exactly clear what’s included, an a-la-carte dinner there can easily run upward of $100, depending on what you get.
Following the success of Crazy Rich Asians, Singapore’s surely going to become even more popular with tourists, especially for travelers stopping over en-route to another destination in Asia. While there are a handful of hotels priced far lower than the Capella — including several new properties, such as the super-slick Andaz — if you’re looking to kick off a luxurious adventure in style, Path to Peace could offer a decent value, even if you decide to skip out on the (priceless) summit venue tour.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.