This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Naturally, Capella is looking to capitalize on its newfound fame — the already-pricey hotel recently launched a special “Path to Peace” package, which, in the property’s own words, allows guests to “Relive the moment of a new era where the seeds of peace were planted on 12 June 2018.”
While pre-tax base rooms are available starting at about $400 on select dates, when booking a nonrefundable rate, the Path to Peace package includes a stay in a one-bedroom Garden Villa, where nightly rates usually run 920 Singapore dollars (about $675) and up before tax.
The Path to Peace package is priced at 1,150 SGD (about $840), which actually matches the Best Available Rate, with an identical 48-hour cancellation policy.
So, relatively speaking, the package is actually a very good deal — you’re paying the Best Available Rate, but getting a whole lot more for your money, considering what’s included:
- One-bedroom Garden Villa
- Daily breakfast for two
- Lunch or dinner at Cantonese restaurant Cassia
- Private tour of the summit venues
- “Exclusive DPRK-US Summit 2018 Medallion”
One-bedroom Garden Villas measure 1,431 square feet, and feature a private outdoor plunge pool — quite a luxury for a city hotel.
Cassia is generally well reviewed, meanwhile, and while it’s not exactly clear what’s included, an a-la-carte dinner there can easily run upward of $100, depending on what you get.
Following the success of Crazy Rich Asians, Singapore’s surely going to become even more popular with tourists, especially for travelers stopping over en-route to another destination in Asia. While there are a handful of hotels priced far lower than the Capella — including several new properties, such as the super-slick Andaz — if you’re looking to kick off a luxurious adventure in style, Path to Peace could offer a decent value, even if you decide to skip out on the (priceless) summit venue tour.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards