Singapore Hotel Adds $1,000+ Trump-Kim Summit Package
Naturally, Capella is looking to capitalize on its newfound fame — the already-pricey hotel recently launched a special “Path to Peace” package, which, in the property’s own words, allows guests to “Relive the moment of a new era where the seeds of peace were planted on 12 June 2018.”
While pre-tax base rooms are available starting at about $400 on select dates, when booking a nonrefundable rate, the Path to Peace package includes a stay in a one-bedroom Garden Villa, where nightly rates usually run 920 Singapore dollars (about $675) and up before tax.
The Path to Peace package is priced at 1,150 SGD (about $840), which actually matches the Best Available Rate, with an identical 48-hour cancellation policy.
So, relatively speaking, the package is actually a very good deal — you’re paying the Best Available Rate, but getting a whole lot more for your money, considering what’s included:
- One-bedroom Garden Villa
- Daily breakfast for two
- Lunch or dinner at Cantonese restaurant Cassia
- Private tour of the summit venues
- “Exclusive DPRK-US Summit 2018 Medallion”
One-bedroom Garden Villas measure 1,431 square feet, and feature a private outdoor plunge pool — quite a luxury for a city hotel.
Cassia is generally well reviewed, meanwhile, and while it’s not exactly clear what’s included, an a-la-carte dinner there can easily run upward of $100, depending on what you get.
Following the success of Crazy Rich Asians, Singapore’s surely going to become even more popular with tourists, especially for travelers stopping over en-route to another destination in Asia. While there are a handful of hotels priced far lower than the Capella — including several new properties, such as the super-slick Andaz — if you’re looking to kick off a luxurious adventure in style, Path to Peace could offer a decent value, even if you decide to skip out on the (priceless) summit venue tour.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees