Canadian airline makes inflight meals available for home delivery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in the “good old days,” most of us would scoff at merely a mention of economy-class airline food. Now, though, with the overwhelming majority of the world grounded, I can speak for many of us at TPG who would gladly enjoy a meal from a flight in coach.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Most airlines are flying very limited routes — or are completely grounded — due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, but one Canadian airline is maintaining a portion of its operation that is sure to please aviation enthusiasts.
The Flight Kitchen, an airline-catering company that supplies inflight meals for Air North, has made its meals available for home delivery to the lucky residents of Whitehorse, the capital city of the Canadian Yukon territory.
Introducing Flight Kitchen Delivery! Freshly prepared and frozen meals, from our kitchen delivered right to your doorstep. Available now in Whitehorse! Place your order now at https://t.co/CwGZ8hwMyu pic.twitter.com/h3lu86ycWA
— Air North (@flyairnorth) March 31, 2020
Residents of the city can choose from seven options, including chicken cannelloni, Thai vegetable curry, meat lasagna and more. Meals will be delivered to the homes of those that live within the 15 neighborhoods of Whitehorse approximately 24 hours after the order was received.
Entrees are prepared by chef Michael Bock and The Flight Kitchen team, frozen fresh and then can be heated in the oven upon delivery. The menu changes weekly with new options being added. Customers are allowed a maximum of 20 meals per order, with no more than 10 portions of one specific meal option. All meals cost CAD$9, or roughly $6, and a CAD$10 delivery charge will be added to each order.
Featured image courtesy of Air North.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.