Cabo Verde Airlines Lands in Washington in December
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’ll soon be a new airline livery to spot at Washington’s Dulles International Airport. Cabo Verde Airlines will add Washington to its route map this December, its second U.S. destination after Boston.
The carrier will begin thrice-weekly flights between Cabo Verde’s Sal (SID) airport and Washington Dulles (IAD) on Dec. 8, according to Diio by Cirium schedules and the company’s website. Cabo Verde will fly Boeing 757-200 aircraft on the route. Cabo Verde’s new Dulles flights were first reported by Airline Route.
Cabo Verde, formerly known as Cape Verde, is a Portuguese-speaking island nation that lies off the West Coast of Africa. The flight from SID to IAD covers a distance of 3,607 miles, according to the Great Circle Mapper website.
Also in December, the airline will also begin new service to Luanda (LAD) in Angola, and to Porto Alegre (POA) in Brazil.
Boston Logan (BOS) is Cabo Verde’s only other U.S. destination, according to Diio. The airline serves the New England city from the country’s Praia (RAI) airport.
Featured image by Fabrizio Gandolfo/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.