Here’s How to Score a Private Cabana and Spa Treatments at British Airways’ Most Exclusive Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has its home base — and largest hub — at London’s Heathrow Airport, so it’s logical that the airline offers its most premium passenger experience there.
But though BA has business- and first-class lounges at Heathrow (LHR), it also offers an even more exclusive lounge in Terminal 5: the Concorde Room. This lounge is reserved for first-class passengers flying on a British Airways flight and holders of BA’s highest-tier elite status who earn over 5,000 Tier Points in a given year.
Although the Concorde Room may not be the nicest first-class lounge in the world, it’s certainly more than sufficient as a place to pass time at the airport. There’s a Concorde dining area that offers a la carte meals and a top-shelf bar. There’s also plenty of (rather outdated) seating inside the lounge and on the terrace overlooking Terminal 5.
The Concorde Room offers three private “cabanas” that can be reserved ahead of time for British Airways first-class passengers. Each of these is basically a small private room, with two chairs, a TV and a private bathroom with shower.
Even if you’re not interested in the private room, reserving a cabana is the best way to guarantee a shower in the Concorde Room, since standby wait times for shower rooms can often exceed two hours.
In addition to the private cabanas, BA offers further pampering for its first- and business-class passengers (as well as Executive Club Gold members) in the form of complimentary 15-minute spa treatments from the Elemis Spa within the lounge complex in terminals 3 and 5 at LHR. However, the treatments are only offered on a first come, first served basis to eligible passengers, except for those flying in British Airways first class. These passengers can reserve their treatments from 28 days before departure until 48 hours before departure.
To make reservations for either the Concorde Room cabanas or Elemis Spa treatments, you can call the British Airways You First hotline at either (800) 331-1332 or +44 161 448 3013 or fill out this online form. Any British Airways first-class passenger is eligible for this service, regardless of whether you paid $10,000 (no judgment) or 70,000 Alaska Mileage Plan miles for your ticket. The cabanas can be reserved for a block of time, usually in three-hour increments, while the spa treatments are booked in 20-minute intervals (to allow you time to fill out a spa intake form). One final tip: This hotline often has a very short
wait queue, so you can also use the You First hotline to help with other travel needs, like seat assignments or handling travel disruptions.
While British Airways may not offer world’s most groundbreaking first-class product, it’s the key to unlocking private cabanas and reservations for spa treatments when traveling with BA. Since most long-haul planes in the airline’s fleet feature a first-class cabin, there are lots of passengers eligible to enter the British Airways Concorde Room and receive spa treatments. Make sure you book ahead of time in order to guarantee you get that coveted Jet Lag Eye Reviver facial before boarding a very long flight.
Featured image by Daniel Ross/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.