This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase’s 5/24 rule limits your ability to sign up for most of the issuer’s credit cards if you’ve opened five or more cards across all banks in the last 24 months. However, if you’re lucky enough to be targeted for credit card offers under the “Just for you/selected for you” section of the Chase website, you could be able to sign up for personal credit cards even if you’re over the 5/24 limit. And now, as Doctor of Credit reports, it looks like that ability has extended to Chase business credit cards.
According to various data points, some Chase customers are seeing business credit card offers, denoted with a black star, when they check for “Just for you” offers. Notably, these business credit card offers appear to be showing up only when users are logged in to their personal Chase accounts (not personal/business combined accounts). Over on Reddit, a user reported being approved for the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card thanks to this black-starred offer despite being “wayyyy over 5/24.”
It looks like you’ll receive the standard sign-up bonus for a given credit card if you’re targeted for a “Just for you” business card offer. So while some Chase customers could be targeted for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card with a 60,000-point sign-up bonus (with a spending requirement of $4,000 in the first 3 months) and the added bonus of a waived annual fee for the first year, don’t expect any special offers for Chase business credit cards if you’re targeted.
One final caveat to keep in mind: After you apply for one “Just for you” Chase business credit card offer, the others will disappear. So make sure you apply for the one you want the most. If you’re not sure which business credit card makes the most sense for you, check out our guide to the best options guide to the best options.
To see if you’re targeted, navigate to “Just for you” under “Explore products” in the left-hand menu bar when you’re logged in to your Chase personal account.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee