British Airways surprising JFK passengers with free Valentine’s Day upgrades
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is showing its passengers some extra love this Valentine’s Day with surprise upgrades on travel from Newark (EWR) and JFK.
The fun began last night, Feb. 13, where BA treated random passengers to champagne, MarieBelle chocolates and dinner in JFK’s Concorde room. A handful of those customers also got a lucky Club World upgrade. Check out passengers reactions in the video below.
If you’re traveling on BA from Newark (EWR) or JFK today, Feb. 14 then you too could also end up with a surprise Club World upgrade while hopping over the pond. Even if you’re not lucky enough to get the coveted upgrade, BA is still treating all of its passengers to the luxury MarieBelle chocolates.
If you do get the Club World upgrade, you can except to enjoy a lie-flat seat that is made up into a luxurious bed all while enjoying restaurant-style dining and sipping wine or champagne. On top of that, you’ll also receive a nice amenity kit that features products from The White Company.
While a surprise upgrade is ideal, it may not be in the cards. However, if you have an upcoming British Airways flight and are considering upgrading, be sure to read Christian Kramer’s guide to the best BA Club World seats.
Finally, if you happen to be flying this Valentine’s Day be sure to check out our article on all the freebies you can snag at airports across the United States.
Featured photo by Ben Smithson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.