British Airways surprising JFK passengers with free Valentine’s Day upgrades
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is showing its passengers some extra love this Valentine’s Day with surprise upgrades on travel from Newark (EWR) and JFK.
The fun began last night, Feb. 13, where BA treated random passengers to champagne, MarieBelle chocolates and dinner in JFK’s Concorde room. A handful of those customers also got a lucky Club World upgrade. Check out passengers reactions in the video below.
If you’re traveling on BA from Newark (EWR) or JFK today, Feb. 14 then you too could also end up with a surprise Club World upgrade while hopping over the pond. Even if you’re not lucky enough to get the coveted upgrade, BA is still treating all of its passengers to the luxury MarieBelle chocolates.
If you do get the Club World upgrade, you can except to enjoy a lie-flat seat that is made up into a luxurious bed all while enjoying restaurant-style dining and sipping wine or champagne. On top of that, you’ll also receive a nice amenity kit that features products from The White Company.
While a surprise upgrade is ideal, it may not be in the cards. However, if you have an upcoming British Airways flight and are considering upgrading, be sure to read Christian Kramer’s guide to the best BA Club World seats.
Finally, if you happen to be flying this Valentine’s Day be sure to check out our article on all the freebies you can snag at airports across the United States.
Featured photo by Ben Smithson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees