This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In an apparent bid to spur spring bookings, British Airways has just announced an appealing new promotion. All BA Executive Club members are being encouraged to sign up for its Double Avios offer, which will enable passengers to collect 2x the standard Avios on their next six flights flown in 2019.
You’ll need to both book travel by April 19 and fly by Dec. 31, 2019, to have these flights count. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, while your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
And in celebration of British Airways’ 100th birthday, if you fly six flights before the end of the year, you’ll receive a bonus 2,019 Avios — worth $30 according to TPG’s valuations.
The deal includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by partners American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when traveling between Europe and North America.
Since this promotion is limited to six flights, it could make sense for frequent British Airways flyers to only credit their highest Avios-earning trips to the program first. Additionally, flights that have already been booked will not be eligible to earn double Avios.
Be sure to register here first before booking a flight. If you’re wondering what you’ll do after collecting all of these added Avios, be sure to check out our guides on the topic below.
- The Best Uses of 100,000 British Airways Avios
- How to Book Award Flights With British Airways Avios
- Maximizing the British Airways Distance-Based Award Chart
- Finding the Sweet Spots With Avios & Money Rewards
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel