This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In an apparent bid to spur spring bookings, British Airways has just announced an appealing new promotion. All BA Executive Club members are being encouraged to sign up for its Double Avios offer, which will enable passengers to collect 2x the standard Avios on their next six flights flown in 2019.
You’ll need to both book travel by April 19 and fly by Dec. 31, 2019, to have these flights count. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, while your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
And in celebration of British Airways’ 100th birthday, if you fly six flights before the end of the year, you’ll receive a bonus 2,019 Avios — worth $30 according to TPG’s valuations.
The deal includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by partners American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when traveling between Europe and North America.
Since this promotion is limited to six flights, it could make sense for frequent British Airways flyers to only credit their highest Avios-earning trips to the program first. Additionally, flights that have already been booked will not be eligible to earn double Avios.
Be sure to register here first before booking a flight. If you’re wondering what you’ll do after collecting all of these added Avios, be sure to check out our guides on the topic below.
- The Best Uses of 100,000 British Airways Avios
- How to Book Award Flights With British Airways Avios
- Maximizing the British Airways Distance-Based Award Chart
- Finding the Sweet Spots With Avios & Money Rewards
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees