British Airways Promotion: Collect Double Avios on Your Next 6 Flights in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In an apparent bid to spur spring bookings, British Airways has just announced an appealing new promotion. All BA Executive Club members are being encouraged to sign up for its Double Avios offer, which will enable passengers to collect 2x the standard Avios on their next six flights flown in 2019.
You’ll need to both book travel by April 19 and fly by Dec. 31, 2019, to have these flights count. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, while your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
And in celebration of British Airways’ 100th birthday, if you fly six flights before the end of the year, you’ll receive a bonus 2,019 Avios — worth $30 according to TPG’s valuations.
The deal includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by partners American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when traveling between Europe and North America.
Since this promotion is limited to six flights, it could make sense for frequent British Airways flyers to only credit their highest Avios-earning trips to the program first. Additionally, flights that have already been booked will not be eligible to earn double Avios.
Be sure to register here first before booking a flight. If you’re wondering what you’ll do after collecting all of these added Avios, be sure to check out our guides on the topic below.
- The Best Uses of 100,000 British Airways Avios
- How to Book Award Flights With British Airways Avios
- Maximizing the British Airways Distance-Based Award Chart
- Finding the Sweet Spots With Avios & Money Rewards
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees