British Airways Promotion: Collect Double Avios on Your Next 6 Flights in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In an apparent bid to spur spring bookings, British Airways has just announced an appealing new promotion. All BA Executive Club members are being encouraged to sign up for its Double Avios offer, which will enable passengers to collect 2x the standard Avios on their next six flights flown in 2019.
You’ll need to both book travel by April 19 and fly by Dec. 31, 2019, to have these flights count. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, while your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
And in celebration of British Airways’ 100th birthday, if you fly six flights before the end of the year, you’ll receive a bonus 2,019 Avios — worth $30 according to TPG’s valuations.
The deal includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by partners American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when traveling between Europe and North America.
Since this promotion is limited to six flights, it could make sense for frequent British Airways flyers to only credit their highest Avios-earning trips to the program first. Additionally, flights that have already been booked will not be eligible to earn double Avios.
Be sure to register here first before booking a flight. If you’re wondering what you’ll do after collecting all of these added Avios, be sure to check out our guides on the topic below.
- The Best Uses of 100,000 British Airways Avios
- How to Book Award Flights With British Airways Avios
- Maximizing the British Airways Distance-Based Award Chart
- Finding the Sweet Spots With Avios & Money Rewards
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.