British Airways Opens Redesigned Lounge in San Francisco
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has started welcoming passengers into its newly renovated lounge in San Francisco. The refreshed space boasts a modernized design, open space and upgraded amenities for first- and business-class passengers.
BA said the new lounge follows a similar design to the carrier’s refurbished lounge at New York JFK, with floor-to-ceiling windows for natural light and a large granite bar.
First-class passengers will have access to an exclusive “Boutique Dining” area for additional seating and internationally inspired meals.
All passengers in the lounge have access to a deli bar with hot and cold food options.
For comfort and productivity alike, 80% of seats in the lounge have access to power outlets, and the area is equipped with wireless printing for passenger use.
There’s also a jetway for passengers to board flights departing directly from the lounge. Visitors have access to showers and high speed Wi-Fi.
The updated BA lounge can be found in SFO’s International Terminal. It is currently open to first- and business-class passengers flying on British Airways and Iberia Airlines as well as to eligible Oneworld passengers and BA passengers with with Sapphire and Emerald Oneworld status.
If you want to see more of the refreshed lounge design, BA has created a 3D tour of the updated space, or you can stop in next time you’re flying through San Francisco.
Featured photo courtesy of Nick Morrish/British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees