British Airways Opens Redesigned Lounge in San Francisco
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has started welcoming passengers into its newly renovated lounge in San Francisco. The refreshed space boasts a modernized design, open space and upgraded amenities for first- and business-class passengers.
BA said the new lounge follows a similar design to the carrier’s refurbished lounge at New York JFK, with floor-to-ceiling windows for natural light and a large granite bar.
First-class passengers will have access to an exclusive “Boutique Dining” area for additional seating and internationally inspired meals.
All passengers in the lounge have access to a deli bar with hot and cold food options.
For comfort and productivity alike, 80% of seats in the lounge have access to power outlets, and the area is equipped with wireless printing for passenger use.
There’s also a jetway for passengers to board flights departing directly from the lounge. Visitors have access to showers and high speed Wi-Fi.
The updated BA lounge can be found in SFO’s International Terminal. It is currently open to first- and business-class passengers flying on British Airways and Iberia Airlines as well as to eligible Oneworld passengers and BA passengers with with Sapphire and Emerald Oneworld status.
If you want to see more of the refreshed lounge design, BA has created a 3D tour of the updated space, or you can stop in next time you’re flying through San Francisco.
Featured photo courtesy of Nick Morrish/British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.