This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
This is big news for British Airways.
A month and a half later, this story finally has a happy ending.
The missing sensor could have helped to identify the erratic speed and altitude changes preceding the crashes.
We can expect those hotels to be more cookie-cutter style properties.
Say goodbye to the flat-rate rewards system.
It’ll get you an additional $200 in value from the previous bonus, but you’ll have to pay that annual fee.
TPG’s Jessica Puckett scored the flight a 74/100. Read why.
The card lets you earn 4 points per dollar on your top two select spending categories on a monthly basis.
Studies showed that passenger volume had little to do with an airport’s tendency to spread disease.
It’ll be the biggest Centurion Lounge in the country.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards