British Airways’ New Business Class, Missing Safety Feature on 737 MAXes and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
This is big news for British Airways.
A month and a half later, this story finally has a happy ending.
The missing sensor could have helped to identify the erratic speed and altitude changes preceding the crashes.
We can expect those hotels to be more cookie-cutter style properties.
Say goodbye to the flat-rate rewards system.
It’ll get you an additional $200 in value from the previous bonus, but you’ll have to pay that annual fee.
TPG’s Jessica Puckett scored the flight a 74/100. Read why.
The card lets you earn 4 points per dollar on your top two select spending categories on a monthly basis.
Studies showed that passenger volume had little to do with an airport’s tendency to spread disease.
It’ll be the biggest Centurion Lounge in the country.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.